{the beginning}

_

"you're gonna end up like your fucking father with an attitude like that!" y/n's step dad screamed at her for the third time that day, "and don't say i didn't warn ya, kid."

  he stormed away, shoulder chucking the girl as he did so. caitlyn shot her mother a glare, signaling her anger about the event. her mom never helped her or took her side in these situations and it was disappointing. her mom had a blank look on her face, trying to ignore what happened in front of her.

  "you know, it would be nice if you acted like a caring mother for once!"

  y/n stormed to her brothers room, lightly tapping her knuckles on his door. he opened the door and pulled his sister inside and into his arms.

  "i'm sorry, kiddo."

  "i can't win, ryan."

  "you can't let him get you so worked up like that."

  y/n huffed as she plopped down on ryan's bed, "i can't let him talk to mom like that. he already talks about dad way too much."

  their dad was a well known criminal in Las Vegas. he committed countless crimes through the years and their mom never understood why. he went to prison ten years ago and y/n made an effort to try and visit him every weekend but sometimes, her step dad got in the way.

  ryan quickly changed the subject and began talking about school as he petted his sister's head, "you ready for another new school?"

  she chuckled, "no. i'm never ready for a change. school is horrible and i can't even graduate til next year."

  "well hopefully you'll be at a school for more than a month this time."

  ryan had a point. y/n only lasted a month at the previous school before getting expelled. she was a troubled kid who loved the thrill, much like her father.

  the next day, y/n started school at Winchester High: School for Delinquent Children.

  "do you know what you want to do for an elective?" ryan asked.

  "probably a music class."

  one thing that a lot of people didn't know about y/n is that she loved music. it was her saving grace. ryan always wanted to start a band and she always wanted to preform in a band of her own, but she didn't have any friends.

  ryan was the one with connections. he was likable and people enjoyed his company. on the other hand, people were scared of y/n which amused her to say the least.

  y/n hid out in ryan's room until she knew their step dad was asleep. she couldn't risk another fight before her big day. she said goodnight to ryan and trudged to her room to sleep. she hoped the next day would be better and fell asleep.

***
that's it for the first chapter. i hope you guys enjoy and i promise the next chapter will be way more interesting lol. ttfn!