Chapter 4

When I stepped in the living room it smelled divine; I could smell a hint of cumin with some tomato sauce and garlic; I followed the smell and brought myself in the kitchen in front of James; I was still terrified with how he acted before so i stared at the floor and decided to leave; James came running to me and held my hands which trembled me, James immediately removed his hand away from mine seeing my reaction and mumbles "sorry"; I nodded my head as I had nothing to say to him and walked to the living room; I turned on the TV and put on the news channel as James eyes never left mine from the kitchen; he watched my every move.

James POV

I closed her car door and watched as she drove away; I still don't know why she left her house but all I know is Kyle the name she mentioned before belongs to her big brother; I swear the moment I lay my eye on him I will fucking kill him; there is an anger building inside of me regarding the name Kyle.

I remembered how she asked me if I like her this morning, of course I like her, what's there not like about her; her smile, her laugh her petit body those soft hands; till yesterday I felt bad about her; till yesterday I saw my mother's image on her; I will never be able to feel the pain that my mother went through but every time I look into Rose eyes I get drown in her pain; she may look so strong and so carefree but I know deep down how scared she is; I sat on the passenger side of my Wrangler as Liam drove the car then suddenly my phone buzzed; it brought a smile on my face thinking it was Rose but unfortunately it wasn't; it was a picture of Rose going into her apartment and she is wearing the same clothes as she did this morning; I checked for the number and called immediately

Unknown person: I knew you would call

James: who the fuck are you and what do you want?

Unknown person: that's not important, just let your daddy know not to mess with my shipping or your girl will pay the price

Saying that he cut off the phone; I redial the number but it was switched off; I hurriedly messaged Rose praying she is ok and drove to my dad's office.

I stayed inside of my dad's office as he tried to figure out whose number it is; it's been an hour already and Rose hasn't replied me yet; I am frustrated, I feel reckless; I couldn't wait any longer, just the thought of Rose being in danger is killing me; I got up and left the office leaving my phone as they still need it; my focus is only on Rose at this moment and I swear if anyone dare to touch her I will fucking kill that person; I sat on my Wrangler and drove to Rose house; I didn't care about the speed or any traffic; all I know is I have to be next to Rose; I promised her I will protect her and this is what I brought upon her; my mind is going blank in anger; i pulled over seeing Rose's apartment and luckily I remember the pin code; I walked to her apartment and used a master key, a key which opened each and every door and opened her apartment door; the apartment is dark; I looked around her apartment and found no movement; for the first time in my entire life I was scared; I hurriedly checked her bathroom then walked into her bedroom and found her sleeping peacefully; I sighed seeing her safe but I felt angry; if only she have texted me or replied my message I wouldn't have acted this crazy, all my way up to here I was going psycho; praying god to keep her safe and here she is peacefully laying on her bed; I saw her eyes opening "h-hi" she said looking at me; I went close to her and whispered "what did I tell you?" she looked scared which instantly made me regret and I felt worst when she stuttered 'w-wh-what?" I felt horrible for acting this way so I closed my eyes releasing a long sigh and replied "I asked you to message me once you reach home"; I felt a sudden movement on her mattress and opened my eyes only to find how she had moved further away from me; I thought I was imagining myself so i checked the spot where she sat and looked at her in her new spot; she looked terrified; I wanted to comfort her and hold her in my arms but as I moved closer to her she ran away from me; I followed her and suddenly she slammed the door on me; "Rose open the door on your will or I will have it my way" I mumbled.