27

"Hi, Yue! You're here!" Wang Lin who just got out of Dylan's room greeted her.

"Hello, auntie! How are you?" Shen Yue smiled warmly at Wang Lin.

"Great, but I can't say the same for someone inside the room," Wang Lin winked at Yue.

"Oh, what happened?" Yue smiled amusedly.

"Because you're late today, someone is grumpy and refused to have his dinner without you," The older woman winked at her.

"I see," Shen Yue chuckled, "I've got this, auntie. You can go to rest. It's already late."

"Alright. If that idiot gives you a hard time, don't hesitant to let me know, ok?" Wang Lin took Yue's hand and adoringly patted it, to which Yue could only smiled and nodded at the warm gesture.

------------------------------------------------------

"Ah...."

Shen Yue rolled her eyes at the man-child in front of her while trying to suppress her smile, "I'm pretty sure that your hands are not injured, Dylan."

It has been three days since Dylan regained consciousness and returned to the Wang mansion. Since then, she has visited him every day after work to make sure that he eats properly and recovers well. Today was just like any other days; she was sitting on a chair next to his bed, trying to get him to eat his dinner, and this man didn't seem to make it easy for her.

Dylan propped himself up on his bed and crossed his arms over his chest with a pout, "My hands are stupid. They don't have any strength! Come on! Feed me, Shen Yue!"

Shen Yue raised an eyebrow at him with a smile, "Didn't you just get yourself up? Look pretty energetic to me."

Dylan raised one hand to protest, but he stopped mid-air when he realized that he just got caught. He huffed and crossed him arms over his chest again, "So are you gonna feed me or not?"

"No," Shen Yue sweetly rejected at him, with a big smile on her face. Somehow it's fun to tease him now that the table has turned.

Dylan pretended to gasp out of shock. Well, two can play this game. "How grateful of you! I saved your life, woman!" he joked, but his playfulness was soon wiped off his face when he saw her smile slowly disappeared. CODE RED! His internal alarm went off. He has just stepped on the landmine.

Her eyes narrowed at him, making him gulp nervously.

"Oh, you dare to bring that up now, huh," she stated slowly, which sent shiver down his spine.

Her expression then turned into sorrow, "Do you even realize how worried I was? I was so scared at that time when I saw blood running down your face! I really thought I would lose you at the time!"

Dylan felt his heart skipped a beat when he heard her confession. A big grin slowly appeared on his face, as he engulfed her in his embrace, "Shh, now I'm here, aren't I? Don't worry. I won't leave you that easily. Whether you want it or not, you're stuck with me now, Shen Yue," he tightened his embrace and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"How can I not worry about you, stupid?" she whispered.

As soon as he heard it, his breath hitched. His heart skipped another beat. He could already imagine this.

Wang He Di

12.20.1998 — 02.19.2019

Cause of Death: A beautiful tiny woman named Shen Yue

While he was turning jelly from her words, he didn't notice when she slowly release herself from his embrace. He didn't notice when she slowly grabbed a pillow behind him. He still didn't come to his sense when he felt a thud. One. Two. Three. And it kept coming!