Prologue

[Shanghai]

In a VIP Room of a high-class restaurant, two families were sitting at a long table decorated with white silk cover and beautiful flowers. It fit with the occasion to discuss the potential engagement between the children of both families. Despite the calming classical music playing in the background, the atmosphere in the room seemed to be abnormally clouded with tension.

Sitting on one side of the table was an old couple at around 50 years old. Judging from their clothes, they appeared to be a normal business couple. Uneasiness was written all over their faces.

On the other side, another slightly older couple adorned with a seemingly expensive suit and dress were sitting quietly, but they were obviously displeased. The wife looked at the time on her Rolex with a frown before turning to look at her left side, where her son was sitting next to her. The young man with strong brows, a beautiful pair of eyes, and a killer smile surprisingly appeared to be very calm and kept smiling despite the tension. However, that smile was not as warm as it seemed to be, and it was getting colder with every passing second.

"I'm so sorry, brother!" the younger husband-Shen Ming-said apologetically to his good friend-Wang Yu. "My YueYue really doesn't have any manner. She still hasn't arrived at this hour! But she may be shy, so please understand. And don't worry, brother. I already asked my eldest son to get her here. They should be arriving soon!"

"Ah Ming, it is normal for your daughter to be shy, but she shouldn't be this late. How long do you want us to wait?" The older said frowning and looking at his watch.

"Not that long. It has only been 50 minutes." Wang Yu's son said smiling, but his voice was as cold as ice.

"Bad news, father!" Shen Ming's eldest son came barging into the room.

"What happened? Why are you so panicking?" Shen Ming asked.

"Yue! Yue ran away!" His eldest son waved what appeared to be a letter left by his sister frantically.

"What?! Let me see it!" Shen Ming took that letter from his son. There were only two sentences.

I will never marry into that gangster family!

I am leaving!

"This daughter!" Shen Ming felt like his chest almost exploded out of anger.

"What's written there?" Wang Yu snatched the letter from Shen Ming. "What? Will never marry into that gangster family? Did your daughter just insult our family?" He said angrily.

"Brother! No, YueYue, she-"

"Explain this clearly, or else I won't let you go anywhere!"

Although the two elder men were arguing, the young son of the Wang sat quietly watching everything unfold before him. He then closed his eyes and let out a sigh. The corner of his mouth curved up slightly.

'Shen Yue, you messed with the wrong person. Let's see how far you can run.'