02

*Note: In case there's confusion, the words on '...' are their thoughts, and those in "..." are their conversation. Also, I have no knowledge on how hotel departments work; the information here is solely made-up for the writing purpose only. ^_^ thank you! I hope you enjoy reading this!

------------------------------------------

[Present, Beijing]

It has been a month since her escape. She had found herself a job in the accounting department of a hotel in Beijing. Her degree in accounting and her experience from helping her family business surely helped her on her journey, but little did she know working for that hotel was a mistake. Well, she would've known if only she paid more attention while she was searching about Wang Yu last time.

During her stay in Beijing, she used the public number to call back home a few times. Although her parents were mad, she knew they're worried about her. She told them not to worry and that she couldn't return home yet. Knowing how their daughter was like, her parents did give in and allowed her to do what she wanted for now.

------------------------------------------ 

 "Good morning, everyone! Eh?" Shen Yue cheerfully greeted her co-workers but was soon confused with what she saw. All of her female co-workers were applying more makeup than usual; some were checking themselves on the mirror. Their eyes were looking at each other as if they were competing for something.

"YueYue! Don't you know about today?" One of the co-workers asked.

Shen Yue put down her bag and looked at her with a confused look.

"The accountant from our parent hotel is coming today!" Her co-worker sighed with a daydreaming look in her eyes.

"Hm? And what about it?" Shen Yue felt even more confused.

"You really don't know?" Everyone now looked at her with an exaggerated gasp.

"There's a rumor that this accountant is very handsome."

"Handsome?" Shen Yue frowned. They worked in hotel business; it's normal to see handsome guys, so why would everyone make a deal out of it this time?

"Very very handsome! Caina used to bring documents to the main office and met him there. She couldn't sleep for days after that!"

"Really?" Shen Yue asked, still confused. Wasn't that so...exaggerated? Even if the accountant was handsome, it still had nothing to do with them? Why would everyone act as if they're joining a beauty pageant or something?

"YueYue, do you wanna touch up your makeup-? Oh, I forgot that you don't really wear any makeup."

It's true. Shen Yue had never been into makeup. All she did was applying some sunscreen and lip balm.

After the fuss, everyone went back to tending their looks. Shen Yue just shrugged and got back to her work.

------------------------------------------ 

 "Urgh, Urgh" Shen Yue was carrying a full box of documents down the stair. The coming accountant would like to go through all of the documents, so her department director ordered her to bring the boxes of documents to organize in the archive room. Thanks to her luck, the elevator was getting fixed, so she had to take the stair.

"Urgh, okay. I'm almost there." Shen Yue let out a smile when she saw that she's about the reach the floor where the archive was. Unfortunately, because of her excitement, she accidentally missed the last step. She closed her eyes and braced for impact as she fell forward, but all that came was a thud, and her body tilted 45 degrees.