29

"Wang He Di! What have you really done this time? Why did Shen Yue suddenly leave for London?" Xize busted through the office door of Dylan toward Dylan's desk, making Guan and Jingkang who were sitting in the office jumped a little.

"Shen Yue went to London?" Jingkang seemed taken aback by the news, while Guan looked between Xize and Dylan.

Dylan could feel all three pairs of eyes on him. He sighed and gave them a glance before he returned back to doing his work on his laptop.

"Didn't I already tell you guys? We broke up," Dylan said with his eyes still fixed on the screen.

"I know, but why?" Xize sighed, "Don't you love her? I don't see you as the type to let someone you love go this easily."

Hearing that, Dylan stopped typing and looked straight at Xize, "Like I've told you guys, I love her. A lot. That's why I'm letting her go."

Guan, Xize and Jingkang looked at each other, while their friend immersed himself back in the mountain of work.

The workaholic Wang He Di has returned.

Xize sighed and knocked on the desk, "Alright. Come on. Let's go out for a drink. You've been working non-stop since the morning."

"I'm busy. You guys can go ahead," Dylan replied without even stop what he was doing.

Xize suddenly slammed his hand on the desk, making Dylan raised an eyebrow at him and causing Guan and Jingkang to jump.

"You only do this because it helps distract you from thinking of her."

"So?" Dylan finally stopped what he was doing and crossed his arms over his chest.

"You let her go, so you'd better get yourself together and stop this nonsense. It was better when you lashed out at us. Who knows what you're thinking right now?" Xize frustratingly said.

Dylan sighed and looked around at Guan and Jingkang who were looking at him with concern before he turned to Xize.

"I'm really well-composed right now, guys. I mean it," Dylan replied with conviction.

Xize looked at his friend for a long moment before he broke the silence, "how?"

"I have to," the corner of Dylan's lips then curled slightly upward as he began to have a distant look in his eyes, "Because I trust her. We broke up, but this is not the end of us."

[Flashback]

"Come on! Stop joking, Shen Yue! It's not funny," Dylan forced himself to laugh, but his smile was soon wiped off when he saw how serious she looked.

It was not a joke.

He could feel the weight of that sentence started to crash on him.

"No, Shen Yue. No," Dylan shook his head, wishing that this was all just a dream.

"You promised me, Dylan." Shen Yue whispered, cupping his face with her hands.

"Why? I thought we were fine now?" That was all he managed to say.

Shen Yue used her thumps to slowly wipe the tears that were rolling down his cheek, while his arms wrapped around her waist.

"Our relationship was built on a lie, Dylan. That's not how it should be," she hushed him.

"But I already told you the whole truth. We can start again," he whispered.

Shen Yue shook her head, "Not like this. Do you trust me, Dylan?" She asked to which he nodded.