03

"Please be quiet, everyone!"

All girls stopped arguing when they heard Dylan's voice.

"I can't take the most experienced and the most skilled one from here. It may cause problems for the department." He explained.

"Ah! Oh, I only worked here for 5 years. I don't have that much skill and experience!"

"Nonsense! You already have 5-year experience! The department needs you. Dylan should choose me. I'm quite new!"

While everyone's fighting for the role, Shen Yue stood quietly playing with her hands. She wished this chaos would end soon.

"One more thing!" Dylan interrupted the fight.

"Yes?" All girls turned to look at him.

"Working with me is not easy. That person will have to carry heavy stuff, find documents, record data, work overtime, and sometimes can only sleep for 3 hours. Some other times, we may miss breakfast or lunch, and there's no overtime bonus for that. Please consider it carefully, ladies."

"Miss breakfast or lunch?"

"Only 3 hours of sleep?"

"No overtime bonus for all of those??"

"Look like none of you can do that," Dylan said with a sad tone, but he looked weirdly happy.

At that moment, everyone turned to look at the clueless Shen Yue.

"YueYue! Why don't you take that assistant position." Director said while Yue's co-workers nodded their head enthusiastically.

"What?" Shen Yue exclaimed.

"You will be the temporary assistant of Dylan, while he's here."

"Me?" Yue pointed at herself.

"Yes, who else?" one of her co-worker said.

"That's right. I will need your help. Hope you would help me." Dylan said with a wide grin.

"But-But I don't have much experience-"

"Don't worry. I will teach you." Dylan smiled even wider that it somehow looked quite evil.

"It's decided! This meeting is dismissed. Everyone can go back to work!" Director announced. Everyone soon went back to their desks.

"YueYue, fighting! Dylan put his trust in you. Don't disappoint him!" Director patted her should before walking away, leaving Shen Yue standing alone with Dylan in the meeting room. She wasn't sure whether she should be happy or sad about this.

"I'll be in your care, Yue." Dylan winked (or at least he tried).

Shen Yue could only smile awkwardly back.

--------------------------------------------------------------

After work, Dylan insisted on inviting her for a dinner. She couldn't refuse him, so there they were, in Dylan's car, on their way to a famous French restaurant.

"You've always worked for your family business. What made you change your mind and came to Beijing?" Dylan asked after he finished his food. 'Let's see what she has to say about that,' he thought.

"Oh, it's because of my father." Shen Yue put down her drink loudly when she recalled what happened, "He matchmade me with a SCARY PIG-HEAD! I refused, and the rest is history."