23

Shen Yue massaged her neck gently while stretching her body. She had been staying up late to work on the project for two weeks now, and she could already start to feel the effect of the almost non-existing hours of sleep she had been getting.

"Everyone! Your lunch is here!"

Shen Yue raised an eyebrow when she looked out of her office window and saw her team and Dylan's team surrounded a smiley Dylan—who had brought a big bag of lunch to hand it to everyone in the team. He had been doing this since the project started.

'What is he trying to do?' Shen Yue thought. She noticed how everyone chatted and laughed with him, while he was handing them lunch. Everyone seemed to enjoy his presence.

Shen Yue then leaned on her chair and continued to silently observe their interaction. Truth be told, working with Dylan had been surprisingly quite pleasant. He had very clear ideas on what he wanted, but at the same time, he never failed to involve both teams in the decision-making process. Indeed she hadn't got many chances to work with other teams, but her team had assured her that Dylan and his team were the best they had encountered so far. Professionally speaking, she also agreed. However, there was a catch.

'Speak of the devil,' Shen Yue thought.

"Here's your lunch. I think you should take a lunch break first, Ms. Shen," Dylan brought Shen Yue a lunchbox to her desk and sat across her.

Shen Yue blankly looked at the lunch before she diverted her gaze to Dylan who had already been looking at her with a big smile on his face.

"What's with all of this?" Shen Yue narrowed her eyes.

"What's with what? I don't understand what you're talking about."

Shen Yue rolled her eyes when she saw Dylan feigned ignorance with a smug smile on his face.

"You keep buying everyone's lunch. What's your motive?" Shen Yue leaned forward and gave Dylan a piercing stare.

"Well, aren't you thinking too much for someone who prioritizes professionalism, Ms. Shen?" Dylan also leaned forward, "Everyone has been working hard, so I just want to treat them well."

'Did he just...' Shen Yue scoffed, "How generous of you, Mr. Wang." She then looked between her lunchbox and Dylan, "And why do you keep coming to have lunch with me? I'm pretty sure your generosity is beyond normal, Mr. Wang."

"Oh," Dylan smirked, "So you do notice me."

Shen Yue quirked her brow, "I'm pretty sure that I'm not blind, Mr. Wang."

"And I'm sure you're not mute either, but you never refuse when I come to accompany you. I assume you do enjoy my presence," Dylan winked.

Shen Yue blinked a few times. He's right. Why did she never think of chasing him away when he came?

"Am I right?" Dylan put on arms on her desk and leaned even closer to her. He had that silly grin on his face.

Shen Yue pretended to cough a few times and started to dig in her food to ignore him. When she heard Dylan laugh, she shot him a death glare. How embarrassing! She should have chased him away! Shen Yue paused. Wait. She could chase him away!

"Well, Mr. Wang, can you do me a favor and have your lunch somewhere else please? I'd like to have my lunch alone," Shen Yue smiled.

"Oh," Dylan pretended to be sad before he smiled widely, "I'm sorry I can't."

"What?" Shen Yue blurted out.

"I want to be with you."

Shen Yue could feel her heart skip a beat the moment she heard him. Why was he doing to her?