07

"I'm so happy! I didn't expect all of you to visit me, not to mention bringing these many fruits." YueYue said happily while eating her lunch.

"Don't mention it," Those girls faked a smile, silently mourning over the money they just lost over those fruits.

"How are you, Yue? Do you feel any better?" Dylan asked. He told himself that he's not worried. It's just a courtesy and a normal thing to ask a co-worker.

"Oh, don't worry. I'm feeling a lot better! I'll be able to get back to work in no time! Thank you, Dylan," Shen Yue genuinely smiled at Dylan.

Dylan, however, kept staring at her. He noticed that her cheeks looked a little red. 'Does she have a fever?' He frowned. Shen Yue blushed when she saw Dylan kept staring at her. It didn't help because it made her even redder. She needed to do something before she blushed to death.

"Oh, right, you guys brought too many fruits! I don't think I can eat all of them. Why don't we share?" YueYue blurted out. She heaved a sigh of relief when Dylan finally looked away for a moment.

The three girls nodded enthusiastically, but Dylan suddenly closed his lunchbox and announced that it's time to leave.

"But-" the girls protested.

"We'll be late if we don't leave now," Dylan insisted. The girls didn't dare to refuse Dylan, so they grumpily said goodbye to YueYue and dragged themselves out of her apartment.

"Are you sure you're feeling okay? You look like you're having a fever," Dylan asked Shen Yue again.

"Of course. I am fine!" Shen Yue awkwardly laughed. She did have a little fever, but she already took medicine, so she's feeling a lot better now.

Dylan was still skeptical, so he reached out his hand to her. Shen Yue was surprised, but she managed to stop his hand.

"What are you doing?" Shen Yue asked surprised.

"Let me feel your temperature," Dylan gently pushed her hand away and felt her forehead.

During that moment, Shen Yue felt her heart skip a beat. What was he doing to her?

"You feel a bit hot to touch," Dylan said, "make sure to take medicine, drink a lot of water, and take a good rest. Okay?"

Shen Yue just silently nodded her head.

"Alright, the lunch break is over soon. I got to go. Rest well," Dylan said before taking his leave.

"Thank you," Shen Yue thanked him and closed her door. She leaned on her door and took a deep breath with her hand on her chest. "Be still, heart," she whispered.

On the other side of the door, Dylan took a last glance at YueYue's door before quickly walking away. He felt that strange feeling again.

---------------------------------------------------------------