The One Where The Book Title Correlates To That One Fall Out Boy Song

Hello and welcome to my story. This fanfic is supposed to be set a few years back, so if the time line sounds a little funky, just go with it.

And if you're new here, bold words usually means an author's note, and italics means the narrators thoughts/emphasis on something, texting, etc. Thank you and happy reading!

~~~
(Andi's POV)

I got troubled thoughts and the self-esteem to match. What a catch. What a catch. Whoa...

My fingers dance gracefully over the piano keys, hitting every single note correctly.

You'll never catch us, so just let me be. Said I'll be fine till the hospital or American Embassy. Miss Flack said I still want you back. Yeah, Miss Flack said I want you back.

I sing the words using my chest voice, already knowing the song by heart.

I got troubled thoughts and the self-esteem to match. What a catch, what a catch. And all I can think of is the way I'm the one, who charmed the one, who gave up on you. Who gave up on you.

Truth be told, this was my favorite song in the history of the universe.

They say the captain goes down with the ship. So, when the world ends will God go down with it? Miss Flack said I still want you back. Yeah, Miss Flack said I still want you back.

The story behind it was too much to bare and it made me cry every time, just thinking about it.

I got troubled thoughts and the self-esteem to match. What a catch, what a catch. And all I can think of is the way I'm the one who charmed the one, who gave up on you. Who gave up on you.

The way the music flowed with the lyrics made my heart flutter and my smile brighten.

What a catch. What a catch. What a catch.

I closed my eyes and let the music run through my veins, making my heart pump, giving me life.

What a catch. I will never end up like him. Behind my back, I already am. Keep a calendar, this way you will always know.

It was made me so horribly sad, yet so full of joy that I couldn't contain my tears.

I got troubled thoughts and the self-esteem to match. What a catch, what a catch. And all I can think of is the way I'm the one who charmed the one, who gave up on you. Who gave up on you.

I guess you could say music was a big part of my life, that's for sure.

Where is your boy tonight? I hope he is a gentleman. Maybe he won't find out what I know. You were the last good thing... We're going down, down in an earlier round. And sugar, we're goin' down swinging... Dance, dance, we're falling apart to halftime. Dance, dance, and these are the lives you'd love to lead. Dance, this is the way they'd love. If they knew how misery loved me... This ain't a scene, it's a goddamn arms race. This ain't a scene, it's a goddamn arms race... One night and one more time. Thanks for the memories. Even though they weren't so great. He tastes like you, only sweeter... Growing up, growing up.

After all, this song was written by my brother.

I got troubled thoughts and the self-esteem to match. What a catch, what a catch...

I take my hands off the piano, my eyes closed, listening to the ring of the keys as the sound slowly fades away.

That was my favorite part of any song. Listening to the beauty of sound slowly fade to silence as if it were composing itself.