Daddy Knows

Phinks slowly removed his hands from Dream's face. Dream took a step back.

"Phinks...you know I can't return your feelings." Dream looked down.

"I know."

"But thank you for telling me how you feel. I appreciate your honesty."

"Don't thank me. I would have ruined your marriage, someone could have seen us."

Dream placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled.

"Don't worry, if Chrollo finds out I'll tell him the truth." Dream said.

"Would the Boss even want to hear you out?" Phinks raised an eyebrow.

"If he dosen't want to sleep on the couch."

The two shared a laugh. Just then they heard the front door slam.

"We're home!" Chrollo called.

Dream turned to face Phinks and smiled.

"Don't worry, I'll inform him of what happened." Dream said.

"Thank you," Phinks smiled, "and I promise I won't do that again."

Downstairs Willow was hiding in the laundry room closet. She was crying as she held her plushie.

"Why," Willow sniffled looking at the bunny, "why was Mommy kissing Uncle Phinks? She only kisses Daddy. Mr. Bunny, I have to tell Daddy, but he'll yell at Mommy and I don't like it when Mommy and Daddy fight."

Willow hugged the rabbit again and continued to cry. The door opened, she looked up to see Chrollo.

"I thought, I heard someone," Chrollo kneeled down to her level, "Willow, why are you crying?"

"I'm not." She lied wiping her eyes.

"Willow, don't lie to Daddy. What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Willow."

She hugged her toy tighter and the warning tone in her father's voice. She took a deep breath before looking up at him.

"Daddy...," Willow spoke above a whisper, "what does it mean when you kiss somebody?"

"It shows that you love them." Chrollo answered.

"So you kiss Mommy because you love her?"

"With all my heart, just like you."

"So what does it mean when Mommy kisses someone?"

Chrollo didn't like where his daughter's questions were going, but he knew she deserved an answer.

"It means Mommy loved them." He answered.

"So Mommy loves Uncle Phinks?" Willow asked.

"What?"

"I saw Mommy kiss Uncle Phinks."

"When?"

"Today."

Chrollo's hands were clenched into fist and shaking with rage. His wife was having an affair with one of his troupe members. It would be a cold day in Hell before he ever allowed that to happen, but Chrollo was a reasonable man so as much as his emotions took over he couldn't jump to conclusions.

"Did she kiss him on the lips like she does Daddy." He asked with a kind smile.

Willow just nodded her head looking at him so innocently.

"Was this the first time she kissed Uncle Phinks on the lips?" Chrollo needed to know all the detail before confronting his wife.

Willow nodded her head once again. Chrollo gave a kind smile before kissing her tiny nose. He stood up and held her hand as they walked out of the laundry room.

"Is Mommy and Uncle Phinks in trouble?" She asked innocently.

"No sweetie, no ones in trouble," Chrollo said, "but Daddy does need to talk to Mommy about this."

"No Daddy! I don't like the yelling!"

"I'm not going to yell."

"You have to promise."

Willow held out her pinky finger, this made Chrollo chuckle a little. He held out his pinky and wrapped it around her small finger.

"I promise." Chrollo smiled.