Chapter 13: Just let it Be

The elevator doors opened shortly after and we were met with two very smug looking friends surrounded by some of the Nido maintenance staff. Luckily, I had just pulled away from Britt and was leaning my head on her shoulder just enjoying the feeling of being in her arms again. Once we thanked the maintenance crew for getting us out, hand in hand we followed our two giggly friends upstairs to the dorms. It amazes me that I had spent the last few days sulking instesd of just falling back into Britts arms. On the other hand, part of me wondered if I was allowing myself to fall back into place with her so quickly. I mean, just yesterday I was convincing myself that what she and I shared was a simple fling and now we aren't? Is it really that simple?

I briefly heard the click of the door being unlocked and felt myself being guided inside. I shook my head to clear my thoughts and realized that I was being pulled onto Britt's bed and practically onto her lap. It felt like my head was so clouded and I wasn't sure how to move through the fog. Fingers brushing through my bangs forced my eyes to finally look up and meet soft blue ones. She had a small smile on her lips that was so hard to look away from.

"So, I trust you two had a good chat?" Asked Rachel. Immediately, my head shot at the direction of her voice. It was so easy to get lost in my own world that I had forgotten we weren't alone. Why exactly weren't we alone? Rachel was in the process of biting back a laugh with a sly smirk on her face. I looked to Britt, who looked slightly confused at our friends. Quinn, on the other hand was sitting in Rachel's desk chair smirking at us.

"You see, I told you the elevator would work Rachel" Laughed Quinn.

"As if you could predict that Santana would run into the lift and get trapped" Asked Rachel.

"I did. You saw the way she was staring at her Fitbit. I knew she would run into the first lift she saw." Said Quinn proudly. "Plus she's too lazy to take the stairs" I glared at her

"So, you both somehow planned to lock us into an out of service elevator?" Asked Britt.

"Somewhat planned" Shrugged Rachel. "I mean we didnt expect it to go out of service. We just made sure you followed her into the lift"

"You two are so ridiculously stubborn. Especially you" Said Quinn as she pointed at me. "And you. I'm glad you went after her, but 3 days! I had to share a room with this girl for 3 whole days. Do you know how close I came To choking her?"

"I was barely in the room" I said in offense.

"Exactly! When you were in the room, you'd barely talk! I had to learn to speak troll just to get an answer from you" huffed Quinn.

"You always complain I talk too much, I didn't think it would make a different?" I said annoyed at my best friend.

"How did you know we would even talk?" Asked a confused Brittany.

"Is that a serious question?" Asked Quinn. "You two are so into each other. We knew we just needed to get you alone together. Eventually, one of you would crack... or kill each other." She shrugged, "We of course were hoping for the first option" I shook my head and couldn't even get angry at them. For all its worth, their plan worked. They got us into a room with each other. If they hadn't, I'm not sure how long it would have taken for us to actually talk or be in the same room as each other.

"Oh Quinn stop being dramatic" sighed Rachel. "Britt came to her senses 2 days ago. She just hasn't been able to find Santana until today." Huffed Rachel. At this, Quinn and I looked at Britt who actually turned away from us. I swear I could see a blush on her face.

"Well. I did kind of leave class a few minutes early so I could get here. Rachel threw me a bone and said you were studying with them. I hadn't meant to run directly into you though. Sorry about that" Quinn snickered loudly in the background, but I couldn't take my eyes away from hers.