I snuggle even deeper in his embrace, my mind still as troubled as ever. I try to push back the alarming thoughts.

"This is because I'm feeling a little bit overwhelmed recently. It will pass." I try to reassure both of us. "As long as you're with me."

I lift my gaze to meet Jungkook's and his heavenly scent infiltrates my nostrils.

This is the cozy scent of home.

"I am." Jungkook replies, caressing my sides, before joining his lips with mine, his touch soft and gentle. "And I will never ever leave you."

"You're my everything." He whispers in between our kisses and I smile.

***

I am in my boyfriend's best friend's bed

Well, this is a sentence I never thought I'd say.

I bury my face in my pillow and let out a quiet groan.

I laid still as a dead man the whole night, my eyes wide open, my mind nowhere near to falling asleep. I must've finally dozed off around dawn because I didn't remember Taehyung getting up.

Did we really sleep in the same bed?

I thank him mentally for being considerate enough to leave me to wake up on my own and spare me the shame of looking him in the eyes after last night.

But what did really happen last night?

I gather all my strength to remember but most of it's a total blur.

Not the part where Jaebum had slipped me a roofie in my drink in hopes that he could take advantage of me. Or the part where Taehyung beat the living shit out of him. Nor the part where I thought I had seen Jungkook.

Was it really him?

No, it's not possible. I was fairly certain this was a side effect of the pill.

No way that was Jungkook. My chest bounces exasperatedly at the memory from last night. This joke the Universe had suddenly decided to play on me was getting to my head. Hallucinations were the last drop I could endure. Seems like I'm so desperate to see Jungkook again that I'm starting to lose my sanity.

What I had difficulties remembering was what had happened at Taehyung's place. My mind had kindly suppressed the uncomfortable memories from my consciousness. I groaned painfully when they slowly started flooding my head.

I asked Taehyung to sleep in the same bed with me. What was I, crazy?

But he agreed. And didn't lay a finger on me. Nothing happened.

Yet, something did happen. Something I have no idea what to call. We were staring into each other's eyes and... We held hands.

Oh my God, what am I, a fifth grader?