I have to keep her safe...

I walked through the Hogwarts halls, on my way to the library, when Draco ran up to me.

"Amethyst!" He called, "Ame, wait up!" He walked up next to me.

"Hey." I smiled, "what's up?"

"Not much," He shrugged. "Haven't seen you much, since the train..."

I blushed. He and Pansy had stopped on snogging to stare at Blaise and I. I had fallen asleep in Blaise's arms, and he played with my hair. That was months ago.

"What's going on with Blaise?" He asked with a smirk.

After the train, Blaise and I hung out more. Mostly just light snogging. But I didn't care.

"Went to the lake last week." I smiled.

"Fun. Snogging in the grass. More fancy than some closet." Draco walked in on us last week in a closet by the Potions class. I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Your just jealous." I replied. "I've been meaning to ask you, what's with Pansy? What about Hermione?" Hermione had gotten even hotter over the years, and Draco still hadn't told her how he feels.

Draco shoved his hands in his pockets. He looked kind of uncomfortable.

"Draco. What's wrong? You've been acting weird ever since the train."

He looked around making sure the hall was empty; which it was.

"You know how the Dark Lord started plotting his return?" He whispered, I nodded, that was when I refused to become a death eater. "Father is planning to have me get my mark soon."

"WHAT?!?!" I yelled

"Shhhhhhhhh!" He shushed me, and I shut up.

"Are you bloody mad?!" I whispered back, "Why, what, when?! Draco Malfoy, you can't do it!!!"

"Ame, it's just a mark. I'll be fine." He whispered, calmly.

"'Just a mark'? 'Just a MARK'?! It's dark magic, you idiot, not some tattoo! It shows everyone that you support the Dark Lord! Which I sure as hell hope you don't..." I fumed

"I don't! Neither does mother! It's my father! She's afraid of him! Besides, I have a reason."

I crossed my arms and glared at him. "I doubt that it's worth my time." I spat

"I'm doing it to protect Hermione." He said.

My look softened and uncrossed my arms. "What?" I put my hand on his arm.

"She's a muggle born, and best friends with Harry Potter. They will kill her. If it means me pretending to love Pansy and getting branded to keep her safe, so be it. They can't know I love her, and neither can she..." A tear fell from his eye, I pulled him into a hug. "I need to keep her safe... She has to think I hate her..." He sobbed.

"She be safe. You really love her..." I whispered

"I really do........ Ame?"

"Yeah?"

"I... I'm so scared..."