Chapter 10.5: Thane

Chapter 10.5

Thane's P.O.V

Emery was the most stubborn person I have ever met. I couldn't believe she attempted to runaway. Not to mention she came up with the delusional thought that I was going to sacrifice her. She definitely brought out my anger and my love for her.

I didn't tell her that she was wrong because if I did she would've insisted for the truth, which I wasn't ready to tell her, not yet.

But I knew if I didn't tell her soon I would lose her and I couldn't even bear the thought of such a thing.

When we pulled up to the pack house I knew I was going to be in some serious trouble. My parents' car was parked outside and if they only knew I haven't told her about me they would definitely disapprove.

I couldn't stop Emery though because she jumped out of the jeep before I even had a chance to park. "Emery wait!" I called out to her.

When I entered the house I wasn't surprised to see Emery in my mother's arm as my siblings all walked away.

It broke me to see her crying but I couldn't tell her the truth or else she would hate me.

"Are you alright dear?" My mother asked her as she placed both her hands on Emery's arms in a comforting hold.

"What did you do?" My mother asked in an accusing voice toward me. I looked at her guiltily.

"Mom now is not the time." I softly answered.

Emery stepped away from her hold and looked at her in horror and disgust. I knew what she was going to say and it was all because of what I had her believing.

"Do you know what your son is doing?" She asked. "Of course you do. With all due respect Mrs. Blackwood, I despise you people. How could you condone such a thing? You and your entire little town are just holding me here to sacrifice me. How could you allow your son to kidnap me and hold me here against my will while you all plan my sacrifice?"

My mother gave Emery a confused look before turning her gaze to me and glaring daggers while I looked at her guiltily. My anger increased towards Emery but how could I be angry when it's my fault she didn't know any better.

"Sweetie whatever Thane told you, you must have gotten it confused." She gently said looking at Emery.

"Your precious son didn't tell me anything. He forced me here and wouldn't even give me answers!" And there she goes again with me being her kidnapper.

"This is why you have the story wrong." She continued hastily.

"There isn't anything you can tell me that would be a reasonable excuse for why I'm here. As for your son, please tell him to leave me alone!" Emery finished her wrath and stormed upstairs.

My mother's eyes held such hurt and I knew Emery instantly regretted what she said to her. It hurt me to see my mate insult my mother to her face but if I had just told her the truth.

Giving Emery some needed space to cool off I turned to my mom.

"Mom-" I began but she cut me off.

"You haven't told her yet! What are you waiting for Thane? Haven't I raised you better than this?" She shouted at me. That's my mom for you.

"Mom I'm handling it." I simply said.

"You better be. I can't believe you have the poor girl believing that you plan on killing her. If your father had done that to me, I would've rejected him from day one." That last line felt like she threw a brick on my face.