• Chapter 1.11 •

Painting

Playing the piano softly, Edwards fingers lightly tapped the ivory tiles, playing the melody that Bella was listening to

Playing the piano softly, Edwards fingers lightly tapped the ivory tiles, playing the melody that Bella was listening to. She leaned against the piano, watching Edward's movement and sometimes moving her sight over towards Vanessa, seeing the woman painting in the background as Edward stopped and looked to Bella as he then saw Vanessa working on another art piece. He smiled lovingly, never taking his eyes off the woman as Bella sat down next to him in the stool. "What does she normally paint?" She asked, feeling Edward's arm wrap around her waist and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Whatever is on her mind. She has even done portraits of everyone." He told Bella, the girl looking back to Vanessa as she was seeing the paint splatters over her face and apron. The colors of purple and blue contrasting against her pale white skin. She bit her lip in concentration, looking over Bella for a split second and then back at her painting to fix some minor details.

Edward was picking through Vanessa's mind, seeing the woman's picture as he chuckled and Bella furrowed her eyebrows. "What is it?" She asked, wishing she could have known what Edward was seeing.

"She's just Vanessa. She's trying to be very concise with her painting. She wants to impress you." He told the teenage girl.

Bella kept her confused face, not understanding why she would care what Bella thought. But before she could even ask what he meant, Vanessa smiled and sped towards the two. "It's done! Why don't you come look?" She suggested, grabbing Edward's hand and carefully taking Bella's into her own so she wouldn't hurt the human.

She pulled them over towards the canvass, Bella's reaction making the woman's heart burst. "Wow... Vanessa." She started, her breath caught in her throat while Vanessa frowned.

"You don't like it?" She asked, seeing Bella's face didn't hold a smile or an excited expression. She stopped her movement while she turned to face the vampire.

"No." She told her and Vanessa looked to Edward in sadness. "Vanessa, you never let me finish my sentence." She said with a chuckle and facing back to the painting. "No, I do like it. It makes me look..." Bella was trying to find the right word while the woman giggled.

"It makes you look magnificent." Vanessa breathed out, smiling when she felt Edward kiss her cheek.

"It's beautiful, Nessa." He whispered, Bella catching the nickname while she looked over the couple.

The painting was Bella, the background the lavender flowers of the field that they always go to. Her eyes were full of life it seemed, Bella couldn't take her eyes off it.