• Chapter 1.1 •

Sweet Scent

Stepping out of the car, Vanessa allowed her hair to go to one side of her face, her dark brown eyes piercing her husband's as she smirked

Stepping out of the car, Vanessa allowed her hair to go to one side of her face, her dark brown eyes piercing her husband's as she smirked. "You ready for the stares." She whispered, kissing his cheek as he smiled lovingly. The woman next to him was like a goddess to him, his body staying close to hers as their family gagged.

"You two never leave the honeymoon stage. It's been over a hundred years." Emmett told the two, Vanessa rolling her eyes.

"Emmett, do you want me to bring up when you and Rosalie wouldn't get out of the bedroom for three months?" She asked, the man shutting up as Vanessa giggled and Alice smirked over her family.

"You two only leave the bedroom when- -" and he stopped when the girl punched him in the arm. "Ow!" He yelled at her as she looked to Rosalie, wrapping her arm around the woman's.

"Your boyfriend is a wuss." She grinned as Rosalie laughed.

The group walked away from the parking lot and went over towards the cafeteria, towards their table and everyone watching them. The woman took a deep breath, smelling something sweet linger in the air as she turned to face the scent. She found the girl staring over them, Vanessa tilting her head while she looked away.

She had brunette wavy hair, deep doe set eyes, and pale skin, but not as pale compared to Vanessa's own. She felt Edward place his lips over her neck as he went towards her ear. "What's wrong?" He asked, the woman facing her husband.

"Nothing, just found something shiny." She grinned while listening to the girl's conversation.

"Who are they?" Bella asked, glancing back over the table.

"The Cullens." Angela told her new friend.

"They're Dr. and Mrs. Cullen's foster kids. They moved down here from Alaska, like, a few years ago." Jessica stated, picking at her salad.

"They kind of keep to themselves." Angela told the girl.

"Yeah, cause they're all together. Like, together, together. The blonde girl, that's Rosalie, and the big dark-haired guy, Emmett, they're, like, a thing. I'm not even sure that's legal." Jessica stated, starting more rumors.

"Jess, they're not actually related." Angela reminded the girl.

"Yeah, but they live together. It's weird. And, okay, the little dark-haired girl's Alice. She's really weird, and she's with Jasper, the blond one who looks like he's in pain." She stated, glancing over the couple. "Dr. Cullen's like this foster dad/matchmaker." Jessica bragged.