• Chapter 1.10 •

Family Meeting

Driving down towards the Cullen house, Vanessa and Edward were holding hands while they were excited to smell, hear, and feel Bella in the back seat of their car

Driving down towards the Cullen house, Vanessa and Edward were holding hands while they were excited to smell, hear, and feel Bella in the back seat of their car. Vanessa was basking in the warmth of Bella's body heat, sensing the slight blimp in her heart beat. She was listening in the way Bella was breathing, the way her lungs were bringing in oxygen, and her scent. The way Bella's blood allured her and Edward was like she was floating on cloud nine. It was so hard to control herself the first time she met the young teenager, but she knew that she would love her.

The girl felt Edward's finger pads rub against the her knuckles, the girl smiling happily while looking over to Bella. "We are almost there. Just remember that they will love you." She told her, feeling Bella becoming nervous the closer they get.

As they pulled up into the driveway, they walked up towards the house as Bella was in awe at the house. It was completely open, windows on every wall and it looked light on the inside.

Edward opened the door for both woman, Bella exhaling loudly while shaking her head and failing her arms. "Whoa. This is incredible." Bella stated, Edward helping the teenager take her jacket off. "It's so light and open, you know?" She asked, Edward then taking his own jacket off.

"What did you expect, coffins and dungeons and moats?" Edward asked with a chuckle, Vanessa grabbing Bella's hand.

"We are vampires not goblins." She teased while Bella laughed with them.

"I know, and I wasn't thinking about the moats." Bella told the two.

"Not the moats." Edward muttered, heading up the stairs while Bella was looking over the decorative art. "This is the one place we don't have to hide." Edward said, taking her hand as they heard opera music playing in the background. "We told them not to do this." Edward said, Vanessa shaking her head.

"Our family is just a bunch of people pleasers." She told Bella, smiling at that.

In the kitchen, Esme was shredding the mozzarella cheese into a bowl, listening to the man on the television about the ingredients.

"You add a little bit of olive oil to a non-stick sauté pan, and you want to cook with the olive oil on medium-high heat." The chef stated, Emmett helping with chopping up some part of vegetable and Carlisle by the pan as he did as the chef said. "What I do, I cut this in strips, and then we gonna cut this..."

"Is she even Italian?" Rosalie asked in disgust, Emmett placing the lettuce in the bowl she was holding.

"Her name is Bella." Emmett stated matter of factly.