• Chapter 1.6 •

Ancestors

Stepping away from the table, Bella smiled over the couple for their kindness as they bought her food and the girl was full after eating her pasta

Stepping away from the table, Bella smiled over the couple for their kindness as they bought her food and the girl was full after eating her pasta. Vanessa looked to see Edward staring over the girl in a loving way, the light brunette finally feeling like he had accepted the fact that Bella could be in their lives. Vanessa has tried to explain to Edward that it's possible to love more than one person, but he never understood what she meant since she was a werewolf in her past life. She knew of imprinting, how Sam had his love triangle himself happening at this moment.

She sighed, knowing that Sam was going to want more information on how to help with his situation as Edward took Vanessa's hand. "You really have a thousand thoughts racing." He told her, the woman chuckling.

"I know..." she muttered, looking towards the floor. "I just have a feeling- -" and before she could finish, her phone rang. She smirked at Edward and took it out of her back pocket to show off Sam's name. "A feeling that Sam is going to call." She told him, looking to Edward.

"Answer, but you're not seeing him tonight." He told her, the girl sighing when he said that.

"Fine, you're so clingy." She teased, kissing his lips softly and then pulling away while answering her phone, walking away slightly.

"What's up, Sammy?" She asked, her voice ringing in his ear as he chuckled.

"You knew I was going to call, didn't you?" He asked while she shrugged her shoulders.

"Of course, we're family so I know when something's wrong. What is it that you need?" She asked, Sam rubbing his face.

"I got mad at Emily and she's in the hospital." He told her, the girl feeling her eyes widen.

"What happened?" She asked, trying to see if she could do anything in her power to help her family. She may be a hundred and nine, but that doesn't mean she doesn't care for her family. She knew that since they were wolves, they knew about vampires, and they would always tell her story for the pack every council meeting.

Sam sniffled, the girl finally realizing that he was crying. "I-I got angry because we were talking about Leah. She was just going off with one thing after the other and..." he paused, probably scared that he was going to break down if he said it.

The girl looked to Edward and the man sighed. "Sam, I-I'm kinda busy right now. And I don't know what I could possibly do to help." She told him, rubbing her forehead. "The treaty- -"

"For you, you can walk across the boarder." He told her honestly, the girl furrowing her eyebrows.

"Really?" She asked, taking a deep breath.

"Yes, I'm the alpha of the pack, so they will listen to me." He told her, the woman nodding her head.

"Okay, I'll see what I can do. I have something to do first." She stated, hanging up while looking to Edward.

"Wow." He muttered, the girl just as shocked.

"Let's just get Bella home." She told him, grabbing his hand and walking towards the car. They started driving towards the Swan household, Vanessa taking the silence to think about what could possibly happen now that she can cross the boarder, just because she was Sam's ancestor.

It was wrong, he shouldn't just break the code for her. She knew he loved her, but not to the extent of breaking the treaty for her. It was a sacred rule since the beginning of time. "Okay, I think I'm warm enough now." Bella said, Edward moving his hand to the temperate just as Bella was, their fingers touching as she gasped at how cold his hand was.

It wasn't like Vanessa's, her cool skin feeling as though she was just cold all the time. For Edward, his fingers felt as if they had been frozen for years, the cold chilling her spine as she looked over him. "Your hand is so cold." She told him, Edward not saying a word as Vanessa shook her head.

When they passed by a small police department, blue and red lights flashed in the deep black sky. "Woah, what is going on? My dad's still here. Can you pull in?" She asked, Edward pulling his car into a parking spot and Vanessa found Carlisle's car.

"That's Carlisle's car on the end." She told Edward.

"What is he doing here?" Edward asked, getting out of the car just to see the man walking out. "Carlisle, what's going on?" His son asked, the man seeing his son and daughter in law walking up to him.

"Waylon Forge was found in a boat out near his place. I just examined the body." He told the trio.

"He died? How?" Bella asked, Carlisle looking to the ground.

"Animal attack." He said, looking to Edward who parted his lips to see that Carlisle was thinking of something else.

"Was it the same one that got that security fairs in Mason?" Bella asked.

"Most likely." He muttered towards the teenagers.

"Well, it's getting closer to town, then." She told the doctor, the man stepping in.

"Bella, you should go inside. Waylon was your father's friend." Carlisle told the girl, the dark brunette nodding her head.

"Okay." She mumbled, walking up the stairs to turn around. "Um, I'll see you two later." She told the couple as Edward looked to Vanessa.

"We are fucked." She whispered, Edward shaking his head as he messed up with touching Bella, her face saying it all when she touched his hand.

<>•<>•<>•

Wow... I was just checking on this chapter and saw that I never wrote anything for you guys. What would you guys think if I added more to Vanessa's story? Please leave a comment, vote, and follow! Thanks so much!

( Word Count 988 )

| Edited |