• Chapter 1.2 •

Family Above All

Vanessa and Edward Cullen had been gone from the world for a few days, the two able to relax and just enjoy each others presence

Vanessa and Edward Cullen had been gone from the world for a few days, the two able to relax and just enjoy each others presence. Vanessa went on to help her husband as he was struggling with the hunger that Bella caused him. The woman knew that Edward had only so much control when he was starving, his dark black eyes showing the girl that he was hungry. She planned for that day, placing her body in sports gear as it was shorts and a tank top while putting her hair up in a pony tail. She looked over to Edward as he was reading a book, laying over the couch as the girl smirked over him.

"Ready to go out and hunt?" She asked him, seeing him sigh and looked over the female who was over his lap.

"Hmm, how about when it's dusk?" He asked and the girl frowned.

"But I'm hungry now." She whined, kissing his neck and moving down his chest. "And you know I can get what I want." She told him, pulling away and kissing his lips.

He chuckled, kissing her back as she looked over his dark eyes. "If you don't eat, I'll force you." She whispered seriously, knowing the man hated himself for what he was.

He sighed, feeling the girl get off his lap and she rushed away towards the front yard, looking to him from the window. "Let's go slow poke!" She yelled at him, the boy chuckling as Carlisle heard his son laughing.

The girl then turned around, feeling arms wrap around her waist as the girl smirked, leaning into his cool chest as she looked up at him. "You ready grandpa?" She asked teasingly, the man growling slightly.

"I'm not a grandpa." He whispered, the girl held a devious look in her eyes as she escaped from his grasp.

She was running through the woods, slowly capturing every detail with her enhanced eyesight. Her body was using every enhanced muscle to use her extraordinary speed. Vanessa stopped when she caught sight of a deer, her eyes darkening as her throat became dry and clenched with hunger.

She felt Edward sneak up behind her, the woman looking up at him and smirking. "Well, you going first or am I?" She asked her husband, seeing the man keeping his gaze over the animal.

She knew the answer then and there, using her power to keep the deer in place, the animal screeching out in fear while its muscles were paralyzed. The animal stayed in place just as Edward leaped from the edge, jumping on the animal and baring his fangs into the animals flesh, drinking the blood from its body.

The woman jumped down next to him, looking over her partner as he let go, and looked over Vanessa who looked over the blood over his lips. She leaned down at the animal and drank from the wound that Edward had created, easily finishing it as she unlatched and felt Edwards lips on her own.