• Chapter 1.9 •

Simple Pleasures

After the events with Vanessa, Bella, and Edward where out and about to the whole school, Vanessa and Edward had to face the consequences with their family

After the events with Vanessa, Bella, and Edward where out and about to the whole school, Vanessa and Edward had to face the consequences with their family. Vanessa was holding Edward's hand as Rosalie was going off on them. The light brunette woman rolled her eyes, about to yell at her sister in law, but Carlisle stopped her. "Rosalie, that's enough." He warmed the girl, seeing Vanessa angered expression as he looked over the married couple.

"Carlisle, we didn't do anything. She figured it out on her own." Edward told his adoptive father, the woman next to him nodding her head.

"And we love her." She told Carlisle, her golden eyes showing off the truth as Carlisle sighed.

"I know, Vanessa. But you have to understand the danger that she's in." Carlisle warned her, Vanessa looking to Edward.

"It's on you, what do you want?" She asked, Edward taking the moment to think about what she was to him. His second blood singer. Vanessa was the closest thing to love he knew, and she had already taken a liking to Bella so Vanessa's happiness was his own.

"We will protect her." Edward told Carlisle, everyone in the room either with a smile or a frown.

"How about we make her lunch tomorrow?" Esme asked, looking at Carlisle while wrapping his arm around his waist.

"That's really not necessary." Edward tried to say to his family, but they were already excited.

"We can finally use the kitchen." Emmett said, encouraging Esme and stirring the pot as Vanessa glared at her brother.

"Emmett, stop." She seethed, Emmett smirking.

"Fight me." He teased, Alice's eyes widening.

"I wouldn't." Edward discouraged, Vanessa smiling as she got up.

"Not in the house!" Rosalie yelled angrily, Jasper chuckling as Emmett went out and Vanessa chased him, tackling him to the ground and chocking him.

"Say sorry!" She growled at him, her body strangling his own as Emmett went to flip her over, holding her down.

"Never!" He yelled back, the girl then using her power to lift him up and he gasped. "No fair." He whined, the girl poking her tongue out.

"I win." She told him, snapping her fingers and dropping his body to the ground as he groaned in pain. The girl saw Edward staring at her with adoration in his eyes as she smiled at him. "Please tell me they are not going to cook." She muttered softly, the girl being hugged into his chest.