Chapter 8- Mike's POV

Mike's House in the MM's

Waking Up this morning was kind of uneasy considering I just found out yesterday that one of my employees is possibly homeless but i will definetly see about this at lunch today.

Arriving at work with coffee in hand and so confused.

Why is she staying in a shelter?

Putting everything in the back of my head going up to my office.

She should be coming in soon.

Looking through my window waiting for her arrival.

Finnally seeing her pass by and go into her office I wait a few before I go in.

Walking in her office smelling nothing butsmells of her perfume hitting my nose.

"Ms.Palmer are we still on for lunch today?"I asked

"Yes sir we are."She said with a smile.

Zanobia's POV

After last night I have been really nervous.

What if Mr.Valentino knew it was me last night I will probably lose my job.

Hearing Mr.Valentino's voice gives me nothing but chills"Ms.Palmer are we still on for lunch today?"He said.

"Yes Sir we are."I said with a big smile.

As the day goes by and it seems like it's taking forever for lunch to come I havent eaten in days.

2 hours later

Finnally lunch time i'm so hungry and bad enough I have to eat infront of Mr.Valentino just great.

Walking to Mr.Valentino office I become all nervous again.

Knocking on his door I hear him say come in.

"Mr.Valentino it's 12:00 are you ready for lunch?"I asked.

"Yes sure just have to finish this last sentence before we go."He said.

"Ok I will be waiting in the Lounge."I said.

Sitting in the chair waiting for Mr.Valentino I start to think why did God put me through all of this in life every since i was a litttle girl there was always something happening to me out of all of my evil bitches I call sister's I was always the one to get abused by my parents even when I did good it seem I was never good enough i was so happy when Alex came into my life and pulled me away from them and it seem that I just had walked back into the same sitiuation,but i'm sure God isn't done with me yet He has something in plan for me and Zeek.

"Ms.Palmer?"I heard Mr.Valentino say while waving his hands in my face.

"Yes?"I stood up quick fixing my dress.

"Are you alright Ms.palmer? I have been calling your name for the past 5 mintues."He asked seeming worried.

"Oh yess I just zoned out a little."I said laughing a little.

"Well ok..I wwanted to have lunch at my place my chef has already prepared a meal for us so shall we go?"He said  with a charming smile.

"Yes we shall."I said.

At Mikes House

Ariving at Mike's house my mouth dropped it was huge!

He had to have to look about 10 bedrooms why so many rooms for one person i dont know.

"Your Home is Beautiful."I said amazed he could have not decorated it, it looked like nothing I imagined.

"Why thank you Follow me this way madam"He said taking my hand.

When we got to the dinning room it was set for 2.

Before I could sit down Mr.Valentino came over and pulled out my chair for me to sit down "Thank you"I said

"So Ms.Palmer tell me about your self."he said.

"Well I am 24 I'm from Atlanta,Georgia i graduated from Clark Atlanta Univerty I have a child and his name is Zeek."I said smiling just metionin g my hunny bun Zeek.

"Oh you do I love kids may I ask how old is he?"He asked.

"Sure he just turned 3 last month i have pictures of him If you like to see?"I asked.

"Of course I would love to."He said I showed him pictures of me and zeek at the zoo.

"He looks just like you."He said smiling at the picture.

"May i as are you a single-mother?"He asked.

"Yes but why do you ask?"I asked curious.

"Well I just didn't see a male in any of the pictures you showed me."He said.

"Is it Hard?"He asked.

"what do you mean sir?I asked.

"Is it hard being a Single mother?"He asked.

Before i could say anything the out food was coming out I asked his chef to make me a salad.

"That's all your getting Ms.Palmer?"he asked curious.

"Yes I ate a big breakfast earlier."I said wishing it was so true.

"Ok you should have really tried the Salmon though it's delicous."He said.

"By the way you can call me Mike"He said.

"Well...ok Mike."I said.

"So...Is it hard raising a child by yourself?"He asked once again I thought he forgot.

"Yes it is but i am doing the best i can."I said looking down at my food not wanting to look up.

"Why isn't his father in his life?"He asked.

"well that is a complicated sitiuation Mr.Valentino."I said a bit confused why he is being to damn nosey.

"Oh ok I understand, if you need anything just ask me I will be sure to help you."he said.

"Thank you Mr.Valentino."