The Announcement

It has been about 4 solar cycles since Y/N had left for the far side of cybertron. Before everyone begun work, Optimus Prime had called the autobots and some other cybertronians (such as not C/S/N) in the city to gather for an announcement. Of course the autobots know what it is except Jazz and the other random cybertronians.

Jazz has been wanting to see Y/N today to talk to her maybe, but he hasn't seen her these few solar cycles. This made him wonder.

"Greetings to all, I am Optimus Prime. Before you begin your usual work, there is an announcement I would like to make," Optimus began, glancing at the autobots who smiled. They know it, some of them held servos with one another.

"You may have noticed that one of our autobots is not here. She has left this part of the city," Optimus continued. Everyone started whispering who, where and all but the autobots knew. So far Jazz has no reaction as they watched.

"You may know her as the kind, cheerful spirited autobot. She's tough, strong in combat and knowledgeable in many aspects. She is also serious when it came to work so she is also sometimes quite agressive," Optimus continued. All the autobots smiled and some even had tears forming, they all held each other by the servos, shoulders, they know it's their favourite femme Y/N.

"She is a good old friend and comrade of mine, I have witnessed her capacity for courage, bravery, there is really more to her than meets the eye. I feel honoured to have served alongside this brave autobot among us," Optimus spoke warmly. The autobots keep glancing over at Jazz until Optimus reveals the bot. Everyone starts whispering.

"Optimus, who exactly?" One of the cybertronians asked.

He took a deep breath and smiled despite covered by his mouth plate but quite obvious through his optics, "it is our one and only, autobot Y/N."

Jazz widened his optics when he heard that, "Y/N? Moved away?" He whispered softly to himself. All the autobots jackpot at his reaction, they knew it. Many of them were also in shock as Y/N is one of the greatest comrades and friend to be around.

"She has moved to the far side of cybertron after being offered a new position under the research and development technology there. It is unknown when she'll be back, might be years, eons, but it is for a long time. Thank you everyone for the time, you are dismissed," Optimus ended and everyone walked off discussing the news.

Jazz could only widen in shock, and his spark also ached, that Y/N has left without saying goodbye.

"You see Jazz," Suddenly Arcee spoke and the autobots gathered with her all the mechs and the three femmes. "The thing is, Y/N always wanted to tell you that she has been offered this position. But because you were so busy with C/S/N, she didn't have the courage to tell you. Or even worst, she just can't tell you. I'm sorry for bursting this but please try to open up your processor dancer boy."

"The one who has always been with you throughout your life, your spark. It is Y/N. She has supported you in your affections but she has never really agreed with you being with her," Elita added.

"And," Chromia continued. "She has always wanted to tell you this, Jazz. Our autobot Y/N, is madly in love with all her spark, with you. She realised it after she helped you clean up and became more handsome and hot that day, and more after you went off with C/S/N. Until she regrets her mistake. She didn't know how she ended up falling helm over pedes for you, but it hurt her when you shut her up and push her away like some scrap."

"In case you haven't figured out. Y/N, your one and only oldest friend for eons has a huge huge huge crush and affection for you, Jazz!" Arcee ended.

"And..." Prowl continued. "You just never noticed or believed her and shut her away since you've been with that glitch."

"Sorry man, I just don't like her one bit," Wheeljack nodded in agreement.

"So do we," Hound spoke along with Cliffjumper.

"I don't like her. She's so evil!" Bumblebee spoke and beeped.

"Y/N is way better than that glitch," Ironhide added.

Jazz was silent. A huge thing just crashed his spark and couldn't bring himself to speak. He started recalling how mean he was to Y/N and always shut her up, now he feels her spark broken feeling.

Bumblebee scooted away as Optimus came up giving him space. "Old friend, I must advise you that Y/N is better than C/S/N. But before that, why don't you do something just for once, for her. Do some background checking on C/S/N, without objections. Just do it, and perhaps Y/N was telling the truth all along?" Optimus advised.

"Remember when Y/N says she's always faking her acts just for you? Why don't you think about it and try to find out if it's true, if she's truly doing something behind your back. If you need help, I'll gladly help you," Ratchet continued.

"How do ah do that?" Jazz asked clueless.

"By recording what she does behind your back scenes," Arcee spoke.

"And we have our terror twins who are experts at this kind of thing," Chromia added gesturing at them as they nodded in attention.

"Jazz, you are a wonderful friend and comrade with us autobots. I've always wished for you and Y/N to continue together, not C/S/N. We'll all help in finding the truth," Optimus said.

"Thanks, and sorreh for everythin'," Jazz apologised.

"It's okay, it's not like we can change and bring her back, and we don't know how long she'll be away," Chromia scratched her helm.

Jazz was in deep thought, "I'm sorreh Y/N."

END