Chapter 42 - Truth be told

I looked at the building and then Sweetpea and took and deep breath, no turning back now, I sighed and made my way in with sweetpea never leaving my side.

I looked around the room of the whyte wrym and I felt myself smile, people would call this many things but I would call it perfect, the place screamed GANG and it was almost comforting, they had pool tables lined up and people crowding them. They had the bar  that Toni worked behind for these people to be wasted and having a good time then I came across something that reminded me of a place I would once call home. There was a stage with a pole dead centre and a lot of floor space in front of it, I walked towards it sub consciously, I looked at the pole and I sighed, one point in my life that's what I was lowered too, a girl on a pole with a crowd. I climbed onto the stage and I put the metal in my hand almost forgetting the feeling, I smiled as the cold metal collided with my skin, clearly not been used in awhile or it would have been warmer than it was. 

"You look almost at home up there" A voice came through the room and I looked in the direction that it came from to see a tall man with scruffy beard and long hair walking out of the dark and towards me on the stage with his arms crossed 

"I've spent a lot of my life on a pole, so yeah I guess you could say I look at home" I said back as I walked around the pole and the images of the nights I worked flooded me, the nights I was so afraid of the grown men that watched a fourteen year old girl move her body in a way no girl should have too, I felt the tears fill my eyes and I closed them and composed myself, the part of me that was the innocent girl had died that day. The day that Malachai and Penny stole my dignity, innocence and childhood all in one day with one simple move that had them beating me in the game they had forced me to play. 

"The names Tall boy, yours?" He said as he sat down on one of the tables and looked at Sweetpea as he stared at his phone, probably texting Fangs or Toni. He looked awfully familiar, where had I seen him?

"Lorna, Lorna Jones" I said as i climbed off the stage and wiped my un-cried tears on my hand, I'm not that weak girl any more. I don't cry from what they did to me, it won't change what they did to me and how they reduced me to an object at the age of most girls finally getting their period and their biggest issue is how to tell Mummy and Daddy, no that was the least of my issues. 

"Your FP's kid from the other day, thought you looked familiar " He said with shock written all over his face which soon turned to realisation, he had a look which concerned me, why was he suddenly being nice to me? he kicked off when he saw me last time, what changed?

"Lo!" I heard someone yell and i only knew one person who called me Lo, I turned to see Toni, Jughead and Fangs walk through the door and up to Sweetpea. 

"Hey Topaz" I said with a laugh, it wasn't like I saw her an hour ago or anything, god this girl was clingy but it was fine. I guess she use to be my best friend and then she never saw me and now I'm back again, she probably trying to keep hold of moments while she still can. She came up and hugged me, she looked at me and raised her eyebrow. 

"Why are you by the pole?" She asked while Jughead leant against the bar, he looked around. Him and Betty having issues again? I hoped not, they were a great couple and they had something seriously special.

"Romanising about old times" I said with a fake smile, old times? made them sound nice and innocent, not torturous and horrific like they were. Those were the worst memories I had and I never wished to live through them again or have anyone live them like I did.

"Pumpkin, get off the stage" My dad said with a bunch of people behind him, I climbed down and looked at him with a sad smile, this was about to be hard for the bot of us, for him to hear and for me to tell. He climbed onto the stage and everyone crowded around, he looked at me and I just offered a kind smile, I had no idea how this was going to go and that scared me a lot, what was he going to say? "Many of you know the story of the Jones Twins, our 'princess' went missing and we searched for years and we never gave up hope that she was alive in the world somewhere and she would come back to us. Well she has, she's come back with a story that's not so innocent as we would have liked, Now she won't be telling everyone but we may have people we need to watch out for. I went to enrol her into school, Penny Peabody and Malachai were listed as her adopted Parents. If anyone see's Penny you are to bring her to me! She's a suspect in our own case of who took our little girl away"  he yelled never breaking eye contact with me, I saw every emotion that moved through his eyes, I saw all the pain and grief, those emotions were strong and never wavering. "Dismissed!" He yelled, Serpents talked and made a racket before leaving some talking about how they were excited that I was back and how I was the cutest kid but I had a fiery personality something that would make a hell of a serpent. 

"Hell of a speech dad" Jughead said as he came closer. I laughed and he slung his arm over my shoulder in a brotherly manner and I rolled my eyes and looked towards my father. 

"Lorna, you ready" He asked as he sat down and so did everyone else, only Toni,Jughead,Tall boy,Fangs, My dad and sweetpea remained here to hear my sob story, one where he wanted no details left unturned or spared. 

"This story wont be glamorous or even close to happy, You all have to understand that. This has been my life for the last eleven years, it won't be censored or edited for PG13 consumption" I started by saying, they wanted this story well it was going to be the Full dark no stars version, the truth. 

My hidden truth.