Chapter 12 - Centre of attention

I grabbed everything from my locker and ran to my bike, I literally ran. Something you know if I'm doing you should be but in this case maybe not since it was for me to get to work and get practicing, I didn't even hear Kevin running after me with the drawing in his hand. I got on my bike and put my helmet before starting the engine and driving off as fast as I could get within the speed limit since I didn't wanna get caught by Kevin's dad.

I went straight past the Rivderdale sign and the scenery which I would usually look at but since I was in a hurry I guess it wasn't happening today, I drove into Greendale and straight to my apartment where I had to get ready. I opened my door after parking my bike and went to shower, I washed everywhere knowing that I was about to do something that most teenagers would never have to face and for that they were lucky however, I was not. Once I had washed and sorted myself I turned my shower off and ran to my living pace and dried my hair, pulling it into a braid crown and left the rest curled out and put on my uniform. My white shirt, short mini skirt, stockings and leather jacket and before I could forget I got my necklace and grabbed my keys and phone before running out the door and going downstairs to get my bike and zip off to work. I past the riverdale sign again and laughed at myself as I saw all the school kids getting out and went into the line between south and north side.

I killed my engine and walked in, this is where I saw Adeline and Georgia talking.

"Hey girlys" I said chipperly, they giggled and said hey back. I walked up to the stage where the pole was. Plugged my phone into the stereo and played my song before starting my routine letting myself get lost in the music adding bits that I felt like before doing my spins and such. The girls watched me in awe, this is why Malachai calls me his best; I have a habit for getting the rooms attention and being good on a pole.

I bent down and slowly bring my hand up my leg before raising it over my head and hooking it on the pole and going into a front hook to back hook and land on my knees which I take to slowly bring myself up and have my body pressed against the pole before looking at the crowd and dipping my head and hair back and bring myself up off the floor and going into a reverse grab and spin around the pole again which I then land with my legs around the pole and slide myself up the pole making sure to pop my hips/ass out to the crowd. Then going into an air walk, I grabbed the highest point on the pole and use my arms to keep me up while my legs walk around the pole, before going into a floor compass and before doing a hair flip and bringing my hand up my leg and doing the new thing I added in my practice, I brought my hand up to my waist and started to drag down my body and move something like a snake would then going into my inside leghang, Before finishing on my hands and knees; unfortunately I had to do all of that after taking my clothes off which would be another thing that would degrade me, much to contrary belief I did love being able to pole dance but I hated doing it as a job and trying to be sexy. It was something I had never enjoyed but this was the only way I would find out.

I looked at Adeline and Georgia who had her mouth wide open and Adeline wore her usual smirk of approval which made me laugh.

"Might wanna close your mouth sweetie" I giggled to Georgia, she had never seen me dance so I don't blame the reaction; I didn't dance very often because they kept me for special events due to my ability to silence a whole room.

"Oh babes, your gonna knock em dead and make a lot of money. You could do it without even taking your clothes off babes" Adeline said to me trying to boost my self confidence. I'm not sure why she would do this but I wasn't bothered. I just laughed,

"well my dear Addy; lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off" I laughed, it was reference to one of my favourite bands; panic at the disco. It was also one of the first songs I ever danced to. She laughed at me and started to clean up since we started work soon, I watched as penny entered and saw me before her not so smile dropped into a glare, god I knew she hated me but she needs me so she'll have to get over it.

I looked at the clock and got behind the bar to do my normal duties before my shift on the stage, did I regret this style of life? More than anything but it wasn't my choice it was something I would get out of as soon as I have the information I needed. That was always my deal with myself, the clock turned seven and people started to flood in and already getting drunk; guess that's what you get when it's a Thursday night? All the drinkers getting ready for the weekend I thought to myself as I served more drinks with a smile and laugh at the extremely unfunny jokes. I watched Adeline take drinks round and flirt some more to get them to buy more drinks and rolled my eyes at the idea of ever having to do that again, last time I put a knife or 7 through someone's hand. That idea simply made me laugh; wonder if he's learnt his lesson.

Time flew quickly as everyone kept my on my feet with their drinks and orders; I laughed when I knew I had to go. A nervous laugh of course. I looked at the clock and made my way to the back of the building towards the back of the stage. It was now or never, personally I wanted to hope for never. However, that isn't my choice and I had to do this.

I stepped onto the stage and heard the clicking of heels against the material of the stage, now or never LJ. You've got this, I promise you.

"Gentleman, please give a warm welcome to a house favourite. Little Miss Sapphire a joke they made out of my hair the first day I came here and they thought I wouldn't be able to do This, boy I showed them huh?

I walked out onto the stage and heard whistles and shouts, I also heard my song start. Now or never LJ, you've got this.

Little did I know, at this moment not even half way across town in the south side. My life might be changed by my family still in an endless search.