"Rags and towels are in the closet, in the bathroom."

"Thank you."

I walked into the bathroom sitting my stuff on the sink as I turned the shower on.

I closed the door and quickly got undressed before putting on my shower cap.

Stepping into the shower I let the scolding hot water rain down on my body, washing away the day.

As bad as I wanted to cry I knew that would be letting her win. So I sucked it up and began washing up.

•••

I wrapped the towel around me and entered the room. Clutching my dirty clothes under my arm, I watched as Khalid was laying on the bed scrolling on his phone.

He looked in my direction and sat up.

"I'm gonna hop in while you get dressed."

I didn't reply, as I searched for the lotion in my bag.

I waited until the door closed to unwrap my towel and began lathering my body.

When I finished moisturizing, I changed into my clothes, and sprayed myself with a couple of sprits of perfume.

I checked my fit in his full body mirror and was satisfied. Some cute and comfy, nothing too major.

I slid my shower cap off letting my hair fall down my back.

I took some pictures and uploaded them to my Twitter.

Plopping on the bed I started tweeting, while I waited for Khalid to return.

15 minutes later he came out, making all the stream exit the bathroom.

He was shirtless with a towel draped across his shoulders, as it stopped the excess water from dripping from his damp curls.

He had on grey joggers that were slightly sagging showing off his Ralph Lauren band.

I pried my eyes away feeling as if I was staring too long. But he didn't seem to notice.

He threw his towel in the hamper and sat on the bed.

I continued to scroll on my phone feeling him staring at me. Knowing exactly what was coming next, I locked my phone and sat it in my lap.

Let's just get this shit over with.

"What Khalid?" I said cutting my eyes at him.

"So we just gonna act like nothing happened?"

"What do you want me to say?"

"What happened to her she-"

"Your moms passing hit her hard, she lost her best friend. Some people cope in different ways, she wasn't strong enough to handle it the right way.. So instead of confiding in me she confided in a bottle.."

"She was trying to mask her pain, and she used liquor as her motivation to face life. It wasn't a problem at first, it started out just a beer, then liquor.. She was so unhappy, I tried to help her but she didn't want help."

"So you selling your body is your way of helping her?"

"Don't you sit here and judge me, I'm sorry I'm not little ms perfect that you were expecting. This is not how I expected my life to be either, all I ever wanted was to make her proud. But when she looks at me she only sees dollar signs, I'm just profit to her."