Two

|Truth|

|Truth|

"Se-"

I held my hand up.

"I'm good, just drive." I said shaking my head.

He sighed and pulled out the driveway.

•••

After a silent car ride we pulled up to an apartment complex, it wasn't the best area but it wasn't what I was accustomed too. I honestly was shocked at how normal it was, no crowds of people posted on the steps. Or any zombies around looking for their next fix.

"Come on." He got out the car and I followed suit grabbing my bag, trailing behind him.

We got into the small elevator taking us to the third floor. The building had a fresh smell not like the mildew and pee stench, I was used to when I'd go over to Tejahs complex.

I was lucky in a way to have a house, but it was ran down and old. I kept it up the best I could, even with all the bad memories I had a lot of good ones. It was my childhood home, so I wanted to treat it as such.

We walked down the narrow hall stoping at door 19, he opened the door allowing me to walk in first.

I was speechless, the decor was stunning. So much so that it lead me to believe a female decorated it.
But it still had a very masculine feel.

"This is your place?" I asked confused.

He had ceiling to floor windows and stairs, this was not what I was expecting. It was more so a loft than a apartment, but I knew a 9-5 wasn't paying these bills.

He nodded.

"How are you affording this?"

He laughed.

"I got my ways."

"I know you're not selling no fucking drugs?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"Madukes made me her beneficiary, plus I still work.."

I slowly nodded, feeling dumb.

I heard noises and banging against the wall and we both looked at each other.

"They must of got here before us." He said throwing his keys on the counter.

I shook my head, knowing exactly what he meant.

"If you want we can go upstairs so you can shower and shit."

I nodded my head yes.

I definitely didn't wanna stay down here listening to my best friend have sex.

I followed him up to his room and sat my bag on his bed to get my outfit out. I rummaged through it, finally settling on a two piece set.