- t h i r t y f i v e -

ابدأ من البداية

Finnick finally smiles back at me and I return the smile, lifting my hand up to wipe the tear that was slowly trickling down his cheek.

"Now let's get these suits on," I Let go of him and strip my sweats off to pull the slacks on.

Finnick follows as I do but he peers over at me, his eyes holding confusion.

"Why are you so fine with being kidnapped?" He asks me.

"Oh, I was looking for a way to escape Declan," I lie to him, turning to hide the smile playing at my lips.

"What?!" Finnick shrieks and I try so hard to not break character because it was just too fun to mess with him.

I slip off my t shirt and pull on the long sleeve white undershirt and began to button it up while Finnick snapped out of his shock and began to put on his white short sleeved undershirt but he stared at me the whole time he buttoned it up.

I shrug, "all these years, I've never really liked him."

"What? Why didn't you tell me? How is that even possible, you two look so in love every time I see you together...how is all of that fake?" Finnick frowns.

I nearly smile fondly, knowing well that Declan never fails to look at me like I'm a fucking gem in his life.

I shrug on the black blazer, enjoying the feel of the silk neckline that jazzes up the entire look. I sit down on the box that Alec got our suits out of and slip on a pair of black shoes that are polished to perfection and hand Finnick his own pair that I knew were his just by the small size and the carving of his name on the soles. Looking at my shoes closely, I had the same carving of my name on mine.

"Aren't I just an amazing actor, Bolt. I should've won an Oscar. Micheal B. Jackson who?" I reply and watch Finnick as his frown remains while he slips on his black vest and then his suit that had velvet at the cuffs.

He simply slipped his shoes on and he was done and looked absolutely amazing.

"Kai, this isn't funny. Is Declan a joke to you? He loves you," Finnick walks up to me.

I walk up closer to him and begin to style his hair so that he looks more styled. I would've styled myself more but I cared more about how good Finnick looked. I profusely try to make his hair look neat which must have annoyed him as he began to swat my hand away with irritation and a scowl on his face.

"Why do you care so much about how I look?" He explodes, "we're having a conversation, Kai."

"Bolt—"

"Don't Bolt me, the Kai I know would never act like this and just blatantly disregard Declans feelings. This is probably the work of that cultist leader guy that brought us here," Finnick huffs as his face turns red with anger.

"Do I really look like I'm apart of a cult?" Alec draws out as he pokes his head through the door before coming in fully.

Finnick glares at him but says nothing.

"Now that you two are done," Alec begins then smiles, "lets get this show on the road."

I try to hide my excitement but I fail and the smile is clearly evident on my face. Finnick looks at me with the same glare he shot at Alec.

"What's going on?" He asks me.

I shake my head and shrug, not revealing anything so he sighs and sulks as he walks ahead of Alec and I. Alec comes closer to me and runs his fingers through my truly unruly hair to try and make it look nice and I guess he achieved a good look because he gives me a brief grin with a thumbs up.