- t w e n t y t w o -

"I have nothing left to give, I have found the perfect end. You were made to make it hurt, Disappear into the dirt. Carry me to heaven's arms, Light the way and let me go. Take the time to take my breath, I will end where I began. And I will find the enemy within, Cause I can feel it crawl beneath my skin. Dear Agony, Just let go of me. Suffer slowly. Is this the way it's gotta be? Dear Agony..."
                               -Breaking Benjamin
                                 ( Dear Agony )

KAI COACHMAN
[October 25th, 2020]

"What are you going to gain from this?" I clench my teeth, trying hard not to flashback to that meme that always made me burst out laughing because this situation was serious.

Ailee was here, holding a gun to my head. She moved me over to the couch and had me sit down with the gun still pointed at my head so she could shoot me and end my life any moment she chose to. I think there were five men in here who I've never seen before, wearing masks and all holding a sniper gun or one of the guns that assassins had.

To dissect my current situation; I was stuck. Even if I escaped from Ailee, any of these dudes were capable of ending my life at any minute. What drove my anxiety even higher was the fact that I was fucking pregnant so she wouldn't just be ending my life, she'd be ending my child's life and ironically, I was supposed to visit the doctor to check the gender in two days but I didn't even know if I'd live to see the next day.

Elliot was standing, fiddling with his fingers and unable to look at me.

"I'm going to gain everything from this," I flicker my eyes to look at Ailee who wears an over delighted smirk, "just wait a second or two, things will get interesting soon."

Things become quiet and as she expected, Killian, Declan, Vera and Marcus fill the room. Their movement stops as guns are all targeted at their heads, just waiting for orders to shoot. Declan's lips curl into a snarl and a growl rips through his throat as he sees the position I'm in.

He takes a step forward and one of the men shoot the gun, the bullet misses Declan by an inch, grazing his cheek. I flinch, blinking my eyes to get rid of the annoying tears that wanted to start brimming my eyes. Declan could've died. That simple thought had me trembling.

The cut on his cheek didn't last long as it began to heal right before my eyes.

"He missed on purpose, next time you won't be so lucky," Ailee smiles at an enraged Declan whose teeth are elongating.

"Declan, calm yourself," Killian instructs Declan in his alpha tone.

"Yes Declan, calm yourself," Ailee mocks Killian, laughing at the end as if what she said was funny.

Finnick rushes into the room and pauses, eyes catching the scene at hand. His eyes widen and he takes steps back but a sniper focuses his gun at Finnick and he stops. I want to face palm at Finnick's ironic time to show up but I can't because I'm worried for him. He looks terrified, his bottom lip trembling.

"What the fuck do you want?" Declan barks out angrily.

"You raise your voice at me as if you don't realize that I could end all of your pathetic lives in a second," Ailee glares at Declan, her voice rising.

"Can you just tell us why the hell you're here," Vera scowls at Ailee.

Marcus is standing in front of Vera protectively, as if ready to take any amount of bullets for her. He was glaring angrily at all of the men who had us surrounded, his stance was stiff and unwavering.