- t w e n t y e i g h t -

"She tells him "ooh love," No one's ever gonna hurt you, love. I'm gonna give you all of my love. Nobody matters like you (stay up there, stay up there.) She tells him, "your life ain't gonna be nothing like my life (straight.) You're gonna grow and have a good life, I'm gonna do what I've got to do."
     - Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie
                                         (Rockabye)

KAI COACHMAN
[December 26th, 2020]
2:15 a.m

My mind was spiraling out of control. My body was moving, there was indistinct chatter around me and my eyes saw lips moving but my ears weren't registering the words coming out.

My body bounced up and down on a set pattern as Declan carried me. He was running rapidly downstairs because he was too impatient to wait in the elevator so he decided his feet would be the best transportation despite the fact that he could easily drop me. I didn't think about that until now but that was mainly because I was fucking about to give birth.

"Fuck," I curse aloud followed by a horrifically loud and pain filled moan that flies past my lips.

I noticeably feel Declan's hands become more sweaty and his grip on me tighten as his jaw clenched and his feet move faster.

It's now that I realize that behind me, Vera, Killian and Marcus are running too. Declan is too fast but that was due to the adrenaline pumping through him. I knew Killian would be able to surpass Declan's speed but he didn't and just ran close.

Everything was happening so fast, it was hard to focus on one thing.

There was so much pain that erupted in my lower abdomen, it felt like someone was repeatedly kicking into my gut. My eyes began to get glossy, my heart felt constricted and there was the feeling of liquid between my legs. It wasn't blood but water and there was a lot of it.

Aside from the pain that was in my abdomen, there was also the strange feeling of my skin being stretched by my asshole. I didn't know what it was but it was the strangest feeling. It felt like there was another hole forming but I didn't want to believe that because the idea of it was insane. No way was I developing another fucking hole.

Aside from the mind blowing thought of another hole being 'formed,' I realize that in no time at all, we make it down to the hospital and just the sight of the white walls makes me want to throw up as dread begins to build up deep inside of me. I felt like throwing up but at the same time there was this undeniable swirling feeling of complete and utter euphoria.

This was it.

Immediately, I'm placed on a bed and through heavy eyelids, I see myself going farther and farther away from Declan. Four men, two to my right and two to my left wheel me down the hall and to the left where a room is wide open. I see Zyah who wears a blue mask that covers her nose as well as her lips, the white straps go behind her left and right ears.

The men leave and I'm left in the room with Zyah and a few other female nurses is what I'm assuming that they are. The bed that I lay on is wheeled to one side of the room and a nurse that I'm unfamiliar with comes to my right side, pulling down her mask to reveal her lips that are coated in pink lipstick of some kind.

"We're gonna need to get you up and onto that—" she points to a larger bed that was presented in the middle of the room, "bed over there. You think you can get up for me, Mr. Coachman?"

I think the fuck not but I don't say that, I don't think I have the willpower to say anything so I merely release breathes over and over again as I groan and rise from the bed. The nurse supports me but when my weight gets to be too much for her, she waves for another nurse to come help her.