Chapter 16 - Sunset

A/N: Another looooong chapter. Sorry... not sorry.

----------

One two three

It's a new beginning

Because I won't ever look back.

----------
YG Girl's Dormitory
Sunday, 7:30 am

The Sunday morning arrived with a ray of soft sunlight, glinting the room and the girls inside it. Before daybreak, Jennie had returned to their dorm and passed by the sleeping girl in the couch quietly, heading to the kitchen and busied herself preparing their breakfast. Chaeyoung was the first one to wake up being a morning person.

She hurried to the small kitchen and dining, and she smelled a mouthwatering aroma, then a fresh smell and similar to the ocean before she got to the entrance. She was hungry. The savory aroma made her stomach growl. Jennie was pouring melted butter at the work-table when she came in. She looked up at Chaeyoung and greeted her before she went on with her work.

"Morning. Breakfast is almost ready for the two of you."

As if on cue, Jisoo came out onto her bedroom still in her pajamas. Jisoo rubbed her eyes and yawned.

"Jendeukie?" Jisoo said groggily to Jennie as she came through the kitchen's entrance.

"Morning sleepy head. I made crab cakes for breakfast."

"Crab Cakes?" Jisoo and Chaeyoung shouted back in one voice, their eyes lit up.

Jennie never broke her rhythm as she stirred the batter for her next menu; Griddle cakes. She had spent the rest of her time in the kitchen after she got back from nursing Lisa and was in a very good mood. "Yes. Now, sit down the both of you." She went on. "Griddle cakes will be served shortly, for now just eat what is on the table."

"You better try one of these crab cakes." Jisoo announced to Chaeyoung as the two of them began to sit down in the table. "My cousin Jennie makes the finest dipping sauce in Korea!" She exaggerated. Jennie rolled her eyes and Chaeyoung chuckled lightly.

Chaeyoung looked at the food, uncertain. "Here. Have a taste." Jisoo prodded, forking a piece of crab cake, dipped in sauce and reached it in front of Chaeyoung's mouth. She stared at it momentarily before opening her mouth and took a big bite of the cake.

"It's delicious." Chaeyoung announced heartily, looking down at the plate of crab cakes on the table, her eyes wide from the mouthwatering taste.

"Okay, it's ready." Jennie said, making one last inspection of the griddle cakes. "Enjoy your breakfast." She placed down a plate of hot griddle cakes on the table, in front of the two girls. Her thoughts turned to Chaeyoung. Since Lisa, Jennie had begun to think Chaeyoung and the blonde had a fight last night. It was later confirmed after Jisoo told her through text message.

An unspoken signal passed from the older cousin to Jennie. You had something to tell to Chaeyoung, right? Go on, tell her what happened last night.

Jennie looked doubtful and slowly drew her fingers through her hair. She sat on the chair, in no particular hurry.

"Lisa came down with a fever last night while looking for you." She said at last, looking straight in Chaeyoung's eyes.

Chaeyoung felt color drain from her face. She was trembling and could not think of nothing to say. She felt so terribly guilty, meddling at her best friend's life, being so insensitive with her feelings, running away from her last night. Then she felt a familiar warm hug from Jisoo.

Jisoo-eonni, whose hug always calmed her down and magically took away all the worries.

"But don't worry, I already took care of her and watched over Lisa until she fell asleep. Her fever had gone down." Jennie commented calmly, still staring at her hands that was resting on the table.