Chapter 12 - Hawaii 2.0

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Here we go." I forced a smile at my in-laws as I placed their drinks on the coffee table.

Katherine smiled back, "Thank you, Angela. So, did we miss anything else? How is Leo doing?"

I zoned out again, just staring into space.

Everyone kept acting like everything was okay. I guess Michael didn't change much in everyone else's perspective.

"...right, Angela?" Michael asked.

I blinked. "Huh?"

"I said that Leo's getting stronger, and you too, right?"

"Uh, yeah, I guess."

"So you're feeling better, honey?" my mother in-law took my hand.

I simply nodded. They went back to talking to each other.

God, I can't take it anymore.

"Excuse me a moment." I cleared my throat and quickly disappeared upstairs.

As fast as I could, I locked myself in my bedroom.

My head started spinning so I ran to the bathroom to throw up my breakfast. I'm such a mess.

"Angela?" Katherine was heard from outside the door.

"I'm fine, Katherine!" I lied.

"Can you open the door?"

"No, I'd rather be alone for a while!"

I heard her scoff, "I'm not leaving until you open, you hear me?"

When I didn't answer for a few moments Katherine knocked again.

"Are you really gonna let an old lady wait?"

I rolled my eyes. She really knows how to get to me.
Sighing, I got up and washed my face before opening the door.

"What's wrong, honey?" she asked.

"You really want to know what's wrong?" I said and she nodded. "Your stupid son is what's wrong! I dedicated the last two years to truly be with him, to taking care of him, to loving him! And what do I get in return? Him not remembering any of it! Does that sound right to you?!

"And believe me when I say that I am trying to be as patient as I can with him right now but I've had enough. He might be the same to all of you, but he changed so much since we got together. It's so unfair. I know I should be grateful that he woke up, but what difference did it make if he woke up and he isn't my Michael anymore?"

I sniffled as the tears emerged again, "And you know what the worst part is? I don't think he'll ever remember our relationship. But I love him too much to leave him. It wouldn't be fair if I did."

My shoulders slouched as I had lost all my powers. I finally let everything I bottled up the past month.

"Oh, honey... It's only right you'll feel this way." Katherine hugged me tightly.

"I mean, he's driving me crazy, you know?" I sniffled into her shoulder. "One moment he's all loving and cuddling me, the other he's pushing me away again."

She rubbed my back, "You have to understand that this is all very confusing for him. He suddenly woke up in 2008, finding out he has this entirely new life he doesn't remember."

Before Katherine could say anything else, Michael knocked on the door. Great.

~

Michael: I tapped my fingers nervously on the arm rest, wondering why it was taking my mother and Angela so long.