●☆Prologue☆●

The clicking of a computer mouse was the only thing that could be heard in the darkness of my room, along with my slow breathing. I knew I shouldn't be up but I was editing my new song that would go up in a few hours and I wanted to throw my fans off as to what timezone I lived in.

Song you ask? What song?

My name is Vikram Barn and I am the mysterious singer known as Starboy. Lots of people wonder who Starboy really is, they want to know who the boy is behind their mask but I didn't have the courage to tell people who I was, I was only a high schooler after all.

At school Starboy is mentioned all the time, they love him and half the people here idolise him but they hate me, even though we're the same person. I cringe every time they mention Starboy, I hate that they like my hidden side but hate the me that they see every day.

The side that studies and works night and day for both his sides, for Starboy and for plain old Vikk.

I played the song one last time to make sure that I was happy with it and that it was ready to go up onto YouTube for millions of people to see, or was it just going to remain my voice echoing around the walls of my room? I sighed happily, it was perfect.

I smiled to myself and rested my head tiredly on the desk as I saw the video uploading. This one was about my personal life and the struggles I went through on the daily, the bullying and the depression and how sometimes, I didn't want to be me anymore.

10 minutes later the song was up and I watched as the comments started to filter in, most of them positive. Some of them caught my eye though and I wrinkled my nose.

One of them from one of my bullies, well almost a bully, a snobby rich girl, who tripped me up and made her boyfriend beat me up on more than one occasion.

Poor you Starboy, maybe I can help you with your problems. Call me ;) XX-XXX-XXXX

I cringed reading the comment, she had literally put out her phone number on the internet so I deleted the comment at once, protecting her from getting called by a bunch of unknown numbers. As much as I hated her, I didn't want her to go through that.

So there's this thing that most people don't know about me, and that's that I don't really like girls at all. I'm gay and people push me around every day because I'm short and too weak to fight back, that's why I'm the target of so much bullying, because I couldn't protect myself.

I finally shut down the computer and rubbed my eyes fiercely, I was up far too late. The clock read 2:03am so I stood up and slipped into some warm pyjamas so I could get some good sleep for the rest of the night, pushing my thoughts away until deep sleep took me in its arms.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I groaned and rolled over as I heard something beeping right next to my ear, slamming my hand into my alarm clock. I sighed as I stood up from my bed, ready for another day of the same boring stuff all over again in the hellhole that most people called school.

I picked out some random black skinny jeans, one of the many, many pairs I owned, a plain white t-shirt and a red Nike sweatshirt before packing my things and sprinting down the stairs, I didn't want to run late. I paused at the door to the kitchen.

Should I have breakfast? I thought. No, I'm not hungry.

I bit down on my lip before opening my front door, locking it behind me before stepping out into the world. I pushed in my earbuds and started playing some of my unreleased songs that I had to go over again before I could release them.

Most of them are for my first album, Stars, which myself and my manager, the only human on earth who knew my identity, were working incredibly hard on to release in about 6 months. But if you couldn't figure it out, I love astronomy or anything to do with stars.

I climbed the front steps to the school with crowds of other students with my earbuds still in. I reached over into my bag and pulled out some books so I could be prepared for class but some shoved me from behind, sending me sprawling onto the ground.

There was laughter behind me and I sighed, knowing it was the bullies again.

"Hey faggot, what're you listening to!?" Dylan yelled, stamping down on my arm when I tried to stand up.

He snatched my headphones and unplugged them from my phone, I had my volume turned all the way so my singing echoed down the hall as my unreleased music was played for everyone to hear.

"Isn't this Starboy?" He said, startled. "This is unreleased! How the hell did you get your hands on this! I know all of Starboy's songs and this isn't one of them!"

He yelled the last part and I snatched my headphones from his grasp, disappearing into the crowd of students before he could grab me again and ran to my first class. How the hell was I going to escape the fact that he had revealed some of the unreleased song to a huge chunk of the school?

I slung my backpack over my left shoulder and pushed it underneath the desk just as some of the other students started to file in, lifting my head when one of my closest friends sat down beside me. Rob grinned, waving to my other two friends, Mitch and Jerome, who were sitting at the front of the class.

"Did you hear?" He whispered excitedly, making sure the teacher was looking away.

"Hear what?" I hissed back, eyeing the teacher as they started to write on the board. Rob paused, waiting until they were looking away.

"We're getting an exchange student from Australia!" He muttered, going red when the teacher glared at him for talking, and he gave me a sideways glance.

"So? Why should I care!?" I murmured, taking the notes down off the board before replying. "Don't try and set me up!"

He grinned and rolled his eyes, I knew that was his plan from day one.

"Oh c'mon Vikk, you love Aussie accents and maybe he'll be gay! You could finally get a boyfriend!" He grinned and I rolled my eyes, I didn't want to know what was going on inside his head. I really didn't.

"Oh shut up and go back to Preston, get him to fuck you. Maybe it'll stop you being a dickhead." I smirked and he went bright red, all the way up to the tips of his ears, at the mention of his boyfriend and fucking. I knew they had fucked before because Rob had giggled about it all the next day.

"Maybe I will." He mumbled, checking his phone sneakily.

"You two! Is there something you want to share with the class?!" The teacher spat, having noticed our conversation.

"No miss." Rob and I mumbled and I gave the boy a sideway glare.

Fuck you. I mouthed, balling up the detention slip that the teacher had given me. You owe me.