unexpected valentine

Author notice

Hi guys i know i promised a long short story but i wasnt happy with it and so i deleted it. Hope you enjoy this story.

Rachel berry is feeling pretty emotional its the day after valentines day and to say valentines day had been a disaster is an understatement.

Finn had forgotten it was valentines day so had arranged something last minute. He took her to a steak house which given she is vegan she was fuming. That was just the start of the disaster. Later on backat his house they were sat watching a movie and he called her quinn by accident.

She had stormed out of his house and hadnt spoken to him since. She wondered how she thought a guy who clearly doesnt know her was right for her.

So now here she is just arrived him the following night and is feeling prety down.

As she gets out of her car she sees her dads leave the house.

"Daddies i thought we were having a barbra marathon tonight" she said.

" we were but then an extraordinarily handsome young man turned up at our house asking if we could give you and him some privacy" leroy said.

" finn" she asked hoping he wasnt trying to win her back.

" no sweetie this is a boy we never met and while we  were rather blindsided by howgood looking he is he seems to really care about you" hiram said.

" who is he" she asked feeling alittle apprehensive.

" he asked us not to give the surprise away all i will say is rachel think who is the most handsome boy you know" leroy said.

" daddy is right there sweetheart his bone structure is phenomenal" hiram said and rachel watched her dads get into their car.

She slowly made her way to the front door and ler herself in.

She could smell something cooking in the kitchen and slowly moved towards the kitchen. As she did she noticed a gift bag with pink and gold hearts on it on the coffee table.

Rachel took a deep breath and walked into the kitchen and saw Sebastian smythe stood facing away from her chopping an onion. Rachel wondered if it was all a big joke until he turned round and shesaw the biggest smile on his face.

"Hey" he said.

"Hi" she said shyly.

" hope you dont mind and i know your probably thinking what on earth is going on.... its just i wanted tosend you a card yesterday but i didnt want to spoil what finn had planned for you but hen i found out he hadnt planned anything. I heard about the steak house a couple of dalton boys were at the steak house and saw you guys in the parking lot. I thoughtit was wrong that a girl as beautiful as you didnt get a proper valentines dinner soi decided to take it upon myself that you did" he said

" oh" Rachel said stunned.

" dont worry i have remembered your vegan so why dont you go relax dinner will be another ten minutes or so" he said.

Rachel walked into the living room wondering how Sebastian had found out about how her valentines day disaster. She also wondered how he knew where she lived.

" here you go" Sebastian said walking in the room hold a wine glass.

"Dont worry its non alcoholic i didnt think it would help convince your dads to leave me alone with you if i brought actual wine"he said she tuck the glass.

" dinner is almost ready" he said rachel sat there sipping her drink she couldnt believe Sebastian was going to all this trouble for her.

A few minutes later Sebastian came walking in the room again with two plates in his hands.

" time to go to the dining room" he said rachel got up and followed him through and saw he had decorated the dining table with heart shaped baloons and heart shaped confetti.

" i cant believe you have done all this" she said as he placed the plates down and pulled out her chair for her.

" like i said earlier i think its an absolute crime that you didnt get a proper valentines day" he said as he sat down.

" this is amazing" rachel said as she tried the food.

"Thank you cooking is one of my many many talents" he said.

" honestly you do something so nice then have to be cocky" she said though she laughed.

" well it depends rach is it classed as been cocky if i intend toshare ll my talents with you" he said. She blushed and changed the subject.

" thank you for doing this" rachel said.

" your very welcome" he said smiling at her.

After they finished eating Sebastian brought their desserts through which was chocolate covered strawberrys and a a heart shaped cake covered in pink frosting.

"Did you make this too" she asked.

" yes" he said rachel couldn't believe the effort he had put into it all.

" can i ask you something " she asked.

"You can ask me anything" he said.

"Why me" she asked and he looked at her for a moment.

"Not sure i understand your question" he said.

"Why would you do all this for me" she asked.

" you want the truth" he askedshe nodded.

"Im in love with you ihave been since i first saw you but i never thought you would give me a chance. Then i heard about yesterday and i thought this could be my chance to show you that unlike finn i understand you. I like you for everything that makes you you" he said then surprised her by getting up out of his seat and living the room rachel wondering what was going on until he returned with the gift bag she had seen earlier.

He handed it to her she opened the bag and saw two wrapped presents she pulled the first oneout and opened it and saw it was a gold glittery scarf.

"Its beautiful " she said.

" i think you sparkle anyway but now you really will" he said she pulled out the second present and opened it. Tofind a jewellery box she opened it to see a bracelet with charms which spelled out ss hearts rb.

Sebastian tuck it out of the box and placed it on her wrist.

" i want you to know that if you give me a chance i would never be ashamed of us of you. I love you i want tp make you feel loved. I want the world to know thay i love you" he said she was emotional and stood up and cuddled him.

" does this mean your going to give me a chance" he asked she pulled away and looked up at him and nodded then they boh leaned in and kissed.

The end