Chapter 24: So close

Comenzar desde el principio

D.O and Baekhyun were soon joined by the other members. They sat around the living room and conversed even more. None were aware of D.O and Baekhyun’s quiet and distant aura from the rest, until Chanyeol began to look around and saw the two.

He sighed gloomily and his face dropped when Sandy came to mind. Soon the rest of EXO-K’s members were quiet and EXO-M halted their laughter, noticing the sudden awkward atmosphere.

“Are you guys alright?” asked Chen.

“I miss Sandy,” Chanyeol whined.

“Here we go again,” Baekhyun sighed.

“W-Who’s Sandy?” Kris asked, raising an eyebrow (his fabulous eyebrow, by the way).

“I don’t know what you guys did in China, but we returned to high school. Chanyeol has this little, I mean big, crush on Sandy,” Baekhyun explained.

“And someone else liked a certain girl,” Kai ‘whispered’.

Immediately, D.O and Baekhyun looked at him and Kai avoided their gazes, turning to Sehun and talking to him. D.O clenched his teeth and was about to walk towards him, but Baekhyun knew and held his wrist to prevent him from doings things that he could have regretted.

D.O sat back down and kept quiet. When Manager Hyung finally came, only EXO-M greeted him and the other six members only saw the person standing behind their hyung. Shyly and awkwardly standing at the back was Eunmi. D.O and Baekhyun exchanged glances and they asked why she was there.

“She’s going to be helping me out during the weekends,” he replied, and then turned to D.O. “D.O, you know Eunmi, right? Well, you did live with her for a short while. I want you to show her around, make her feel welcome here.”

Eunmi and D.O’s eyes widened, and she forced herself to step forward, knowing that EXO’s attentions were all fixed on her. In a small voice, Eunmi spoke.

“Can’t Kai or Sehun show me around instead?” she asked.

Immediately, Kai stepped forward and linking his arm with Eunmi. EXO-M stood there feeling confused and they wondered even more as to what happened to EXO-K during their break.

“I’ll show her around!” Kai said.

“Not fair, I wanted to do it, too,” Sehun pouted.

Manager Hyung clicked his tongue. “Aish, both of you give her a tour around then.”

The maknaes smiled triumphantly and they began to show Eunmi around. Kai was linked on Eunmi right and Sehun was linked on her left while they walked. It was silent between the three of them for a while, but Kai soon broke that silence.

“We’ll introduce you to EXO-M when we’re done,” he said.

Eunmi nodded her head.

“Are you close with D.O-hyung?” Sehun asked. “You seemed so upset when—”

Kai glared at Sehun to indicate for him to stop and so Sehun did. Eunmi looked at the ground and decided that she might as well tell them what really is going on and what she was feeling. The decision felt awkward because she was not as close to them as she was with Baekhyun, but she knew that they could be trusted.

Sighing heavily, she stopped walking and unlinked her arms with them, stepping forward to face both Kai and Sehun.

“I think Kai already knows a bit of what’s happening, but Sehun doesn’t. You know that I like D.O a lot, right?” she asked Sehun.

Sehun nodded.

“It’s a really long story, but there was one time when he said he liked me and then there was a time when he said he didn’t like me. It’s all so confusing, but the point is, I feel really sad and seeing D.O is just… it’s just upsetting.”