Chapter 46: The whole's unravelled

Eunmi's Point of View

"Mr Do, what about D.O?" I asked through gritted teeth, having to repeat the question.

"I have only been informed recently about your break up with him-"

"But isn't that what you wanted, hm?" I interrupted.

"I have to admit, yes it is, and nothing makes me happier than seeing you both separated," he replied.

"Then why the hell are you here for?"

"Eunmi?" I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around and found my mum and Bomi standing by the door. I almost forgot they went out today to spend some mother-daughter bonding time. Mother's eyes then trailed to the figure stood behind me and her eyebrows furrowed. I didn't know what her expression was, either very surprised or somehow scared.

"You," she said.

"Sooyeon," Mr Do said.

"Why the hell are you in my house?! How did you even know this address?!" mum yelled.

"You haven't told your mother?" Mr Do asked me.

"Shut up! Can someone explain why the two of you even know each other?!"

"W-We... I..."

My mother couldn't even speak, as if they knew each other in some atrocious encounter. No one was speaking and total quietness surrounded the four of us. I couldn't wait any longer for an answer which was obviously not wanted to be given to me, so I stormed out the house and began walking. Once arriving at the stop and getting in the bus, I decided to go to the one place I could only go right now.

A depressing sigh fell from my lips as I stared at the front door of their dorm. Bringing my hand up slowly, I pressed the door bell and stood there to wait. Not long after, the door opened and I was met with D.O, who looked at me quite confusingly. We just stood there staring at each other and not knowing what to do in such an awkward situation. I knew he wasn't going to talk sooner or later, so instead I took the initiative.

"Are you going to let me in or what?"

"Right," he said, and then stepping aside to let me enter.

-

D.O's Point of View

The word 'awkward' definitely defined the aura wrapping both of us. I didn't know which factor made it worse, her presence being here alone with me since the boys were asleep, or the lack of communication we've had for almost four months.

"What brings you here?" I asked her, gaining a quite surprised expression from her face. She must have thought how could I be speaking to her in such, well, not so angry manner.

"I just didn't want to be at home right now," she answered, sitting on the couch.

"May I ask why?"

She looked at me and worry was evident in her eyes. At that moment, I felt so weak. I had the urge to hug her because I knew the moment she looked at me that there was something wrong. I sighed and balled my hands into fists to fight the urge, and instead sat on the couch adjacent to where she was.

"Your um, your father was there," she finally said.

"What?" I asked.

I was both taken aback and afraid. Why in the world was he at her house? Perhaps he told her, but that couldn't be, right? Whatever the reason was, it still made my heart pound faster and beads of sweat began forming on my forehead. Wiping them away with the back of my hand, I mustered the energy to stay calm.