'Valentine' by 5sos (4/4 Preference)

Summary: Stories with your fav based on the song Valentine by 5 Seconds of Summer (Words: 1.2k)
--

Ashton:
"Throw balloons, teddy bears, and chocolate eclairs away"

Ever since I started dating Ashton, I knew that our relationship wouldn't be the typical kind. And obviously, I wasn't mistaken. Ashton never follows the rules, never falls into the stereotypes.
So, when this year he planned the typical valentine's day date, I felt out of my waters.
"Ash?" I ask him, observing his behavior.
"Yes, princess?" He asks me back.
"Are you feeling ok?" I ask him, earning a weirded-out look from my boyfriend.
"Yes... Why are you asking?"
"What are all of these?"
"Um, those are called ballons, this is a teddy bear... T-E-D-D-Y/B-E-A-R... and we are in a restaurant. Are you ok, princess?" He mocks me, chuckling softly as he reaches for my hand with his free hand.
"I am aware of the objects. What I am talking about is the fact that you did all of that. It isn't like you." I say, making Ashton leave his fork and knife on his plate while sighing.
"Look, I know that this is strange and all, but... (Y/N), I am tired of all your friends bragging about their dates and their boyfriends treating them like princesses, I didn't want you to feel any less of." He responds, rubbing the top of my hand with his thumb.
"Baby... This is so sweet... But who told you that I am feeling any less than a princess whenever we do our thing? I am so happy that we go to museums instead of boring dinner dates... I mean, yeah, this is great but we don't need balloons and teddy bears to celebrate our love. We do our own thing." I state making him smile.
"Let's ditch all of that. We have better places to be." He says, motioning to the waiter to bring the check.

" He says, motioning to the waiter to bring the check

Calum:
"I love the light in your eyes and the dark in your heart"

Following every cliche in romantic movies, the only thing covering my body as I walk out of the bedroom is Calum's shirt. I look around for Calum but find no evidence of him in the living room. I take slow steps towards the open door that leads to the patio, getting a glimpse of my boyfriend's back from where I stand.
I get close to him as quiet as I can, the closer I get, the louder the chords he plays on his guitar get. I sit across him, trying not to interrupt him.

"A penny for your thoughts..." I say after a while of just sitting and watching him.
"Trust me, love, I don't even know what goes on inside my head." He says, setting the guitar on the ground.
"Wanna talk about it? You know I love listening to you talk..." I say, going to sit next to him. Calum looks at me sweetly, but his eyes are sad, clouded by something I can't tell.
"Nothing to talk about, really..." He says, scooting me over next to him.
"Cal, every time that I spend the night at your place, or you stay at mine, you are never on the bed when I wake up. And almost always, I find you here, playing music, or scribbling on a piece of paper on my couch. Something clearly bothers you, and I start to think that maybe it is me..." I say, placing my hand on his cheek.
"Baby, I promise, it is not you... I can guarantee that... Just... I am scared..." He says, looking at his hands and shrugging.
"Of what?" I ask, pushing his chin up to take a better look into his eyes.
"I am scared that you might find all of this, all of me, too much, get scared and leave." He says. I stare at him surprised, stroking his face as I try to form words.
"Why would I get scared?" I ask. He takes my hand in his, rubbing his thumb softly over my skin.
"I don't know...You might realize my strangeness and leave..." He says and I chuckle.
"I love you Calum... For your strangeness, your darkness, your all. For the good moments and the bad moments... For whatever it is to come. I love you." I say, leaning my head on his chest.
"I love you, angel." He replies and pecks on the tip of my nose.

" He replies and pecks on the tip of my nose

Luke:
"Got nothing but love for you, fall more in love every day"

"I thought you would go out with the guys." I say, the moment I see Luke sitting on my bed, wearing the grey sweats he has left at my house and nothing else.
I dry my hair with the towel, sitting on the other side of the bed, my back facing him. I peek at him through the mirror, only the moments he is not looking at me.
"I decided to stay here tonight..." He says. A part of me is happy that he stayed in, especially after fighting over that; but another part of me doesn't want to see him, at least not for the rest of the night.
"How come?" I ask, picking up my hairbrush. I watch him shrug and leave the book he had picked from my night table down.
"Solving this seems more important." He states, sitting on his knees.
"I thought that nothing is more important than your friends." I reply bitterly. I watch him roll his eyes before he rubs his temples.
"Priorities change." He replies, making me cock an eyebrow.
"Oh, now I am a priority?" I ask, sitting up and placing my hands on my waist.
"Yes, you are." He sighs.
"And why is that?" I ask.
"Because I  fucking love you." He snaps, sitting up as well.
"What did you just say?" I ask, taking a moment to process the words.
"I said I love you. I've been falling for you more and more every passing day and it kills me that you keep pushing this fight." He says, taking deep breaths after he finishes his sentence.
I stare at him like a deer in the light of an oncoming car.
"Fuck..." I murmur under my breath, approaching him for a hug.
"I love you too, you asshole." I whimper as he buries me in his chest.

" I whimper as he buries me in his chest

Michael:
"It don't matter just as long as I get all you tonight."

"Just tell me that you were able to find someone to cover your shift for tonight." Michael says into the phone the moment I pick it up.
"Hello to you as well. " I mumble.
"Yes, right. Hey babe. Just tell me that you were able to find someone to cover your shift." He says and I laugh at how cute he is when he is panicking.
"Relax, I did. I got Sam to cover for me and I will work his night shift on Saturday."
"Thank God." He sighs.
"You realize that I sacrificed my weekend for you, right?" I ask and he chuckles.
"Angel, honestly, I am all yours and you are all mine for tonight, and the whole day tomorrow, I couldn't care less about a weekend shift... Now, wear something nice for me tonight, ok princess?" He says in his low voice, making me bite my lip.
"I promise I will... Gotta go, see you tonight..."
"Love you princess..."