Chapter 15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

*

It was an hour before David reaches them .

He walks into Leisters house  to find Lucas's head in his hands, pensive, worried, angry. Very angry.

David walks to Kelvin who is looking through the house to find anything to give information or lead them to the right track.

''How bad is it?'' David risks a glance to Lucas who hadn't moved nor acknowledged his presence

''Bad. I had to call in a favour from a friend to do a drive by and random police check-in  with the address Lucas gave to me of his family house and hers way over in town, apparently their family said that they were supposed to go visiting today, but they didn't show, their numbers switched off and nothing else, it is save to say they have been taken''

''By who?''

''I have a feeling it has everything to do with Lucas's client'' Kelvin says with all certainty

''Anikka Benjamin George, you think so?''

Kelvin nods looking around ,''It's the pointing angle. He was the only one aside Lucas who knew her identity at that point, he was the one who treated her..plus..when the police game, he said he had no idea. So i think, somehow they figured it out, everyone wants her head..and if they know she is with a bodyguard whom no one knows she is with..what's the place place or who is the best person to get to her..if all things being equal? No family, no friends..no connection, who is the first person to have contact with her during an accident that no one heard, news didn't carry but she got treated...but no information on that?''

''The doctor who treated her, the notion is that he should be hiding something''

''Bingo! See how this is bad?'' he picks up a framed picture ''Dude got a wife and kid. We saw the tyre marks , we did round up ad down the street, apparently there was a collision, we found the abandoned guy with the kids toy in there and the mother's purse. The deduction is that, he probably tried sending his wife ad kid to safety...''

''But shit didn't work out?''

Kelvin beckons to him ''Blood, here, here and there..we checked it, Leister's''

''fxxx!'' David exclaims

''I know right?''

''Think he is dead,?'' David rubs his jaw, looking over at Lucas who had't moved, now he is staring into space

''Er...probably yes and no, yes if they got what they wanted..which, it's big obvious, it's  Anikka they want, who everyone wants..and he would be dead by now if they maybe know where she is, and all that, ''

David smiles ''Well, guess he is alive then because that shit is no where news. She is in his place, she is safe. They only get to see Anikka when she shows up at the office..her decision oh well, Lucas's because he is her bodyguard and shit, once she leaves there, she fxxking disappears into thin air, courtesy by Lucas so, anyone trying to grab her again like they tried to do that night but Lucas fxxked up their plan..they practically would be chasing ghosts. Anikka  is where they can't touch her. I mean,  no one knows where she is staying and eve if they sort of suspect she is staying with him which ofcourse no one knows, they can't get to her. And besides, no one knows where Lucas lives aside , me , you , Lucas himself and.....''David frowns trailing off as it suddenly occurs to him, then suddenly it registers

He and Kelvin stare at each other, they turn back nsync to Lucas

Lucas turns to stare at them , hearing them pause...he stands up slowly.., the reason why they paused, the reason why they suddenly stare at him, it registers in his head too.