Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE

*

''Who are you?'' Anikka backs away from him as the man walks closer to her

''Do not be scared sweet child'' Abetta says

''I should not be scared? You drugged me, and i see two men who look like nothing other than angry men about to devour me and you said i should not be scared'' she backs away until she reaches the wall, the man walks to her.

''I will scream, i will if you touch me'' she says, her heart in her mouth, she was shaking.

''I will not harm you, none of us will.'' The man says 

'' We would not harm you, i swear it on your father's grave. '' She takes her neck chain and then  kisses it.

''Get away from me then'' she whispers in fear 

The man smiles and steps away ''My apologies, Mama..'' he turns to Abetta ''I am hungry''

She nods.

Anikka scoffs ''Mama'' she turns to Abetta ''So your family kidnaps me? I will inform the police and you all would rot in jail'' She points to them, but her voice shakes, so did her hand.

Abetta comes to her and touches her hand, Anikka slaps it away ''Don't touch me. If you say you won't harm me , why am i here, why did you drug me, why do you have me holed up in here?''

''Here is your house, it is your fathers. One of the many he has. He came here when he needed privacy. Only a handful of people know about here, me , my boys..and a few others who used to watch over the place when he is around... was around'' She turns away 

''Then, get out from my house then if you say you aren't here to harm me''

''On the contrary Child, we are here to protect you. I apologize for my tactics but, it was necessary. Things are not the way it was before your father died sweet child''

''My name is Anikka, do not call me sweet child''

She smiles ''Yes Miss Anikka, my apologies''

''Why did you drug me?''

''There was no time to explain anything to you, but come, i have prepared breakfast, you eat and we talk''

''I am not going anywhere till you tell me what the hell is going on. And who knows, you may want to kill me''

She smiles, the men laugh ''If we wanted to, you will not be alive. I tell you, your Papa was a good man, he helped me, helped my boys and gave us a reason to live again, we would not harm you, we only want to protect you..considering the circumstances of your Papa's death''

''What the hell is that supposed to mean?'' Her ears perks up

''It means that things are not what they are Miss Anikka. But, breakfast is ready, you eat, you wash up and then we talk. Greg, go make sure all is well and Brandan, do not ogle at the Miss like that, know you manners'' She says over her shoulders and makes her way out of the room and then downstairs.

The men follow her, Anikka takes a minute to still her breath.

Okay, okay..okay. Be calm, they say they won't hurt you, be calm.

She breathes in and out and then stares around. The room was slightly dark, shutters was closed. She walks towards the open door and was blinded by the light that seeped into the house.

She realized that she was standing at the top of the stairs to a gigantic house, painted white with dropping chandelier. The walls lined with flowers.