[2019/02/16]

so hi.
it has been a while, a long one. two years infact, and i have nothing other to say than i am sorry.

someone commented today that it has been two years since the last update, and i am appalled, one because it feels like yesterday that i updated this, and two because it hurts me to let you guys all down.

i make a lot of promises -activity wise- that i tend to not keep. i say im making updates, but usually they just sit on my computer with empty documents.

DONT GET ME WRONG, its not like i dont want to update this, because it is in my best interest to, i made this rewrite because I WANTED TO MAKE THE PREVIOUS VERSION BETTER, but i just never had the time to do so. i have a very short attention span when it comes to writing, and i tend to jump around and make new works ALLTHE TIME. i have like 12 wips and they're all only like 1-3 chapters long because i hop around like a goddamn bunny and i cant seem to focus on a work.

if youd like to take the time, heres a list of the stuff i have on the go right now: this, Heir of Dragons (assassin au), Lightning and Death (superheroish au), necromancer au, Secrets and Lies (werewolf au), that "rogue" au, Savage Seas (pirate au), Night of the Skrill (a fic where hiccup gets lightning powers basically), Dragonborn, Night Hawk (an au where hiccup kills the hunter in the rtte episode "guardians of vanahiem"), and probably a few more floating around.

when i started writing this, it was in the summer. it was when i had a lot of time on my hands and nothing to worry about. it was when my days werent spent dulling my brain over school work and losing sleep and during the 2018 summer, of exerting myself with two rowing practices a day and sleeping for the rest of the hours.

my education and commitment to rowing are EXTREMELY important to me, and i hope you can all understand that.

i want to finish this, and all my other works in the near future. i dont want to have this sit around for another year, but if it comes to the chance that it does, i will promise you that i will never leave it unfinished, and i hold the promise that i will finish this, no matter what.

i used to think that updating was what got me followers, votes, reads, but im beginning to read further into other fics and stuff, and have come to the realization that i LOVE quality over quantity. ill be honest, that i am jittery over the fact that some of you are so loyal, even after 365 days times two, and i hope that the next update will be QUALITATIVELY good enough to please all of you.

with that i am going to crawl back into my semi-inactive hole and try to gather some motivation alongside booking a physiotherapist appointment to see if i tore something in my leg (whoops).

i would like to say a huge thank you, and if you are new here or have only stumbled upon this work, i would encourage you to try out some of my other fics- theyre all unfishished (SORRY) but hopefully itll give you something else to do:)