[five]

1: GO CHECK OUT MY NEW ONE SHOT BOOK!

2. Point out any mistakes or grammar errors in a respective manner so I can fix them; thank you! I didn't proofread this chapter sadly.

The sun finally started to rise, and Astrid turned on her heels and sprang out of the arena, jogging her way across the bridge to the village, huffing as she ran up the hill to the chiefs house. She rapped on the door, hoping Stoick hadn't left for his chiefly duties yet. A small patter of feet echoed behind the door, and the door swung back. A small, but concerned face peered at Astrid. It was Valka, the chiefs wife.

"Good morning lass, are you in need of Chief Stoick?" She said, eyeing Astrid.

"Yes, urgently; if that's possible." Astrid spoke quickly.

"Yes, he'll be right with you." She ran off through the house and around a corner where Astrid could see the woman no longer. The chief was a large man, built solely out of muscle, and had a son around the same time she was born, a couple months earlier from what Astrid had heard from around the village. His name was Hiccup, a strange, but supposedly fitting name for the child. Around a month after birth, the boy was taken during a dragon raid; after a dragon broke into their house. Stoick had mapped out the direction from where the dragons came from and left, trying to go after his lost son, convinced that he had survived. His wife was skeptical, but supported herself through the many months that he was gone through his searches. They decided not to have another child after that, appointing Snotlout, who would have been Hiccup's cousin, as the heir.

Heavy planting footsteps shook Astrid's head out of the clouds. She smoothed out her spiked skirt as the Chieftain approached her.

"Hello lassie, what can I do for you?" Whether it mattered that Astrid was eighteen or not, the chief still treated her as a child, when technically; eighteen was the year you are considered an adult, fully.

"Chief, last night I was coming back from training in the woods and I noticed a dragon perched on Gothi's roof. I went to go investigate, and I found somebody snooping around and stealing some of Gothi's medicines-" she was cut off by the chief.

"Where is he? In the cells?"

"No, I locked him in the arena."

"Why is that?"

"There is something rather odd about him, you'll see when we get there." Astrid twirled her axe in her hand and started off towards the arena, the chief shut his door and followed behind.

~

The second the girl left the sight of the arena, Hiccup started to wedge his way through the bars. Flattening his wings back to the point where they hurt, he attempted to force his small figure through. His plan failed. But one thing he noticed was his satchel, only about a half a meter away from him. Hiccup spun around, grabbing his tail. He folded the fins in, fitting it easily through the bars. He slipped the tip of his tail through the strap and dragged it back in front of the bars. He brought his tail back into the cell, and reached his hand through the rectangular bars, grabbing the satchel and tugging it into his lap.

Hiccup rolled up his scale cloak, the different colours and shapes glistening in the pink and gold sunrise. He tucked it softly into the satchel, pulling out a prototype for a kind of sword he was attempting to make. He used to have this cool shield that he could use as a crossbow, a net and a somewhat grappling hook, but it got mangled in an encounter with some unfriendly ocean travellers known as the Dragon Hunters. He thought of trying to rebuild it, but he decided he needed an actual weapon more than anything else, so he had an idea to make a dagger, because it was compact and small; but he wanted a sword. He gave up on that idea for a while. It was then until he found out that monstrous nightmares' gel was able to catch fire with only a spark, and he then got a whole new idea for a sword. A flaming sword was what he imagined. He decided that there would be a compact hilt with a retractable blade, which coated with gel when a canister of it was inserted into the hilt. When retracted, a spark would ignite, and set the gel ablaze, the sword unfolding into a flaming point. He wanted to add a canister for zippleback gas and other things, so that was why it was a prototype. { i dont even really know how the sword works i kinda just made it up haha } He held the contraption in his hands, he heard a rattle and clang beside him, indicating that the sleeping dragons in the cells next to him had probably woken. He strained his head in the direction of the noise, but a sharp pain echoed through his neck. He placed a hand to his throat, remembering the female had slit her axe into his throat to teach him a lesson or two about stealing and staying put. His blood was sticky almost, a darker colour red also; resembling the blood that of a dragon. It stuck to his neck, rather than running down like normal viking blood would.

He was shaken out of his thoughts when the front gate of the arena was lifted, the contraption squealing. The girl walked in with a large man behind him, presumably the village chief or somebody close to. He scooted to the back of the cell, trying his best to stay in the shadows. He quickly tucked his satchel into his wing, folding it around the bag to keep it hidden. He held onto his flaming sword for it was his last source of protection. He saw the girls eyes avert to the empty spot where his satchel lay before, sending a nasty glare his way. It was finally after that when he decided to look at the man. He clearly couldn't see Hiccup's features, because his expression hadn't changed the slightest. Hiccup moved into the light, wanting to get a better look at the man, and when he did, he knew it was a mistake: the man saw them. The red-haired brick of muscle's breaths quickened to Hiccup's senses, and his eyes widened. He turned to the female next to him, silent.

"Here's the medicine thief-" The blond chirped up, "-the freak."

~

sorry for the boring chapter; the next one promises to be more interesting. thanks again for your patience!