Chapter 7: Jumping Through Windows

Start from the beginning

She laughed and replied, "That's what they all say sweetie and the next thing you know they're going at it like it's going out of style.

I shook with laughter at her innuendos. I came to a realization that this girl could be of use to me in gaining my information but I had to gain her trust first...as well as her name at that.

"I'm Emery by the way." I offered my hand.

"Bailey. I think you met my mat- boyfriend earlier, Lucas." She introduced herself and pointed out her other half.

I was confused because I knew no 'Lucas'. "I think you're mistaken I haven't met anyone by that name." I told her.

"No I'm sure you ran into him earlier today, he's the bet-." She cut herself off again but I decided not to question it, yet, as she jugged my memory.

"Oh, that Lucas, yeah I remembered." I said as I recall the guy I ran into when I tried to escape from Thane earlier. "By the way did Thane send you?" I questioned.

She nodded at me in reply.

I was infuriated "I can't believe that he thinks of me as a simple-minded, half witted fool that needs to be treated as a child. How much I do appreciate you trying to take care of me, I can take care of myself Bailey." I smiled at her to show my genuine appreciation. I honestly couldn't believe this guy put up a girl to take care of his kidnapped victim. What an idiot.

"I'm sure he doesn't mean any ill wishes Emery. He probably doesn't want you getting into trouble, running away or jumping from a three story building." She giggled.

"Well considering I'm in hell, I might as well take a shower." I shrugged.

Bailey started dragging me towards the closet as she said, "You're going to love your wardrobe."

I snorted. "I hardly doubt that any of the clothes in there probably would fit me."

"You'll be surprised." As she said that she pulled open the double doors and left me speechless.

This room just became more spectacular by the minute. The closet was grand. My family wasn't the type to afford such affluent things. I may have been blown away but there was nothing I wanted more in the moment than my family.

Bailey pulled me out of my daze and home-sickness by tugging on my arm.

On one side of the room held male clothing that I knew was Thane's while on the other side was mostly empty. There were a few items of women clothing but besides that it was all empty.

Bailey must've seen me with a confused look as she explained what was before me.

"Those are Thane's clothing as I'm sure you're well aware of and these are yours. Thane had me pick out a few pieces for you but he wasn't sure what are your likes and dislikes so he said he will take you shopping soon." She pulled out the various clothing items and held it out for me to see what I wanted.

"I don't know if I should be flattered by his gesture or creeped out..." I trailed off.

"He really cares for you, you know." Bailey suddenly said.

"Yeah I'm sure everyone's kidnapper cares for them this much," I said taking a pair of jeans from Bailey's hands, "and would you look at that he even got my size down correctly because that's not peculiar at all." I said sarcastically.

"Just give him a chance, he may just surprise you." Bailey laughed.

Then it struck me. "You aren't...I mean they aren't keeping you here against your will are they?" I anxiously asked her. "They are aren't they? You're kidnapped as well? Oh my gosh and here I was feeling sorry for myself. We're going to get us out of here I promise."