Future rogue part 2

Confession:

He was busy, you didn't know with what but he seemed to be training almost non stop everyday. He was so angry by his friends death that he grew a barrier that repelled anyone.

Almost everyday you tried to reach him. You were the only one besides sting who were able to get at least a few words with him and he still only responded with single words.

"Rogue ? Please tell me your ok."
Rogue: "Mmm....."
"I want to help you, and I don't want to see you hurting yourself."
Rogue: "I'm sorry it's just, you don't understand how, hurt I'm feeling right now! I lost the one and only precious thing there ever was to me!! I have nothing else to live for!"
"R-rogue...." You whispered.
Rogue: ".... Uh... I'm, sorry I didn't mean to explode like that."
" N-no it's fine, I'm sorry you've got a lot on your mind. I'll leave you be for today but! Don't hurt yourself too much, please. "
Rogue: "..... Thank you, (y/n).."

.

There was a stabbing pain, the fact that he said his friend was the one and only important thing to him was like you've been wiped from his head. As if all your memories spent together meant nothing.

Why do I feel this way ? Of course he said that it's his closest friend, but why !? I'm being selfish!!

Sting: "(y/n)" He whispered to you as rogue kept training.
"Yes ?"
Sting: "I want you to know that if I'm ever gone, it's your job to take care of him, ok ?"
"I, don't know. He won't answer to me as much anymore."
Sting: "... Listen, I know that, what he said must've hurt but I need you to know something!"
" What ? "
Sting: "He looks as though he'll be like this for awhile, and since I'm the guild master I can't be there long enough to help him."
" So, then what should we do ? "
Sting: "Your the only other person, if I'm not by his side then you should. Take care of him for me and rogue."

You looked at the man who was breaking a sweat and possibly vain trying to hold his anger, and it was heart breaking to see all of the pain in his eyes.

"Alright, I'll be by his side forever."
Sting: "Promise me."

.

.

.

It was a disaster, the atmosphere felt suffocating, frozen and grey.
Your limbs couldn't function, you were frozen and almost close to suffocating.

He killed him, rogue, killed sting. His best friend, his brother.
He absorbed his power and changed, now instead of hair, his right eye was covered by a scar, his hair was longer and half was white.

There was a gaze in rogue 's eyes, such a piercing gaze it was.
It was like if he were to stare deep into the back of your head.

"Rogue...."
Rogue: "I, finally obtained it. Power."
" Rogue please. "
Rogue: "(y/n) ? Your still here ?"
" Yes! But, why ? "
Rogue: "Leave (y/n). This is not something you should see, and I am not a person you should be friends with anymore."
" N-no! "
Rogue: "What ?"
" I... I... I'm not leaving!! Because, even in death! I made a promise! "
Rogue: "To sting ? He's dead, he is no longer our master and he is no longer here with us. Except for his magic, which now resides within me."
" I don't care! I made a promise! That I will always be by your side! Forever! "
Rogue: "You... No! I'm not the same person you once knew! Forget your promise and leave!"
" I'll never! "

You ran towards the exhausted and scarred man, breathing heavily and grasping him from behind. Hugging his back with sobs and grey nothingness.

(I'm just changing his name here so... Yeah.)
Future rogue: "Why can't you just run away like everyone else ?"
" Because, I've known you for so long, you can't be gone. I care too much to just run now. "
Future rogue: "Why ?"
" I just do, all the memories, the emotions. I'm doing this because I love you!! "
Future rogue: "(y/n).... I.. I..."
" Argue all you want, but mark my word I'll always be by your side! "
Future rogue: "(y/n).... I'll let you stay, I, I've always loved you for as long as I can remember."
" ....*blushes* "
Future rogue: "Perhaps maybe I don't have to take out all this rage. If your here, maybe what I need, is healing."
" I love you, forever.. "
Future rogue: "I love you too, (y/n)"

.

.

When you two fight:

Future rogue: "I told you this countless times! So stop trying!"
" But I'm only trying to do this for you! "
Future rogue: "Shoving a bunny in my face doesn't help!! I even told you I'm a cat person!!"

Hey sorry for making you wait but I was trying so hard to keep this dude in character!! He doesn't have as much screen time as Midnight or the others and so this was difficult! But anyways just so it can make sense there will be some scenarios where I'll say future rogue is rogues fraternal twin brother! In those chapters I'll be calling rogue lyos! Bye!