Chapter 12: My Heart

Start bij het begin

~~~~~~~~~~~

When he was done, Shouto emptied the tub, dried himself and left the bathroom. "You're just full surprises tonight." (Y/n) who was reading a book looked over to him with a raised brow.

"I am?" The robe that she was wearing fanned out elegantly against the black sheets of the bed while her head was held up by her folded arms as she lay on her stomach. 

"Yes. Now, where did you put my night clothes?"

"The top drawer to the left end of the dresser. Your underwear is below." He made his way to the drawer and pulled out a simple pair of night pants along with some underwear.  Once he was dressed he climbed onto the king-sized bed and atop (y/n) so that his stomach pressed against her back.

A few strands of hair tickled her cheek when he rested his head on her shoulder. 

"What are you reading?"

"A book."

"Called?"

"Intimacy." Sliding the novel from her hands, he skimmed over the current page then set it aside.

"Can I be intimate with you?"

"Wouldn't that be wrong of me, to just have sex with you two days after we got back together?"

"Not if I want it too." Todoroki lifted himself up and she turned around so that her back was against the mattress. Resting against an elbow he used his free hand to trace her thigh and grip her waist with a gentle squeeze. She let out a breathy wince.

"Not there. Actually, why don't we wait a few more months before we do this?"

"What happened there?"

"It's nothing Todoroki." To check if his eyes were deceiving him, he squeezed her waist once more. Her response was the same. (Y/n) shrunk into the pillows while her lover moved away her robe and lifted her dress. His eyes widened when he caught sight of the dark bruises on her body.

His happiness from earlier faded into a void or emotions while he lifted the dress higher and higher to reveal even more marks. "He wasn't as gentle as you."

"Why didn't you come back sooner?"

"Because I thought you were happy."

"But you were hurting."

"I'm sorry." Todoroki sighed and kissed her cleavage.

"Do you want me to stop?"

"Not really but if you want to then I understand. I did gain a bit of weight after all."

"Tell me why I'd care about that."

"Because...I don't know." Regret echoed in the young man's heart while he struggled not to cry. Why did he ever let her go? He knew Katsuki would hurt her yet he didn't do anything to stray her from him. "Oh, I found this by the way." Todoroki's thoughts were cut short by (y/n) lifting her hand up to him. At first, he was confused until he saw that she was wearing the engagement ring. "It's so beautiful."

"I don't even know how to ask after this." By now a tear or two had escaped him and he was buried into her neck.

"Then don't because either way, my answer's yes."

~~~~~~~~~~
The next morning Shouto woke up alone. At first, he was worried until the smell of food filled the room. Getting out of bed he followed the smell to the dining room where (y/n) was putting down two plates of breakfast.

"Good morning." She smiled, hugging his waist. He hummed and kissed her forehead.

"Why are you up so early?"

"I decided to take the job my friend offered. So I'll be leaving for work when you do." The multicolor haired man nodded and kissed her cheek this time.

"When do you get home?"

"Just call me when you do and I'll be there." He gave her yet another kiss, this time on her other cheek. "I like this Todo-kun. I like living with you this way."

"Then do you want to do it forever? You and I and maybe a kid or two later on?"

"You sound so corny."

"I know but I need the answer."

"Then it's a yes." With a smile, his lips finally touched hers and he pulled her closer, happy that she was in his arms. For a while, they stayed like that, deep in one another's embrace until (y/n)'s stomach growled. 

"Let's continue this after we eat."

"I agree."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

And that's all folks. Thank you so much guys I'm so glad for those who read this and those who are going to read. It was so fun writing for all of you. Please have a wonderful day and I hope you stumble upon many more books that you find entertaining