Chapter 9: Finally-ish

Please don't hate me. I have so much going on right now plus three books to keep posted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Todoroki didn't bother waiting and paid the landlord instantly. While the two men handled business, (y/n) awkwardly clung to her lover's arm, face buried in his shoulder. The old landlord seemed to notice this and smiled at the two.

"Newlyweds I'm guessing."

"Soon to be." Replied the hero with a twitch of the lips. The old man nodded sweetly, handing back half the money that was given to him.

"You two remind me of my wife and I when we bought our first house. She was just like that." His scrawny finger went to the self-conscious (h/c)-ette. "You feel spoiled, don't you, that he's the one paying for it all?"

She nodded, making Todoroki wrap his arm around her waist in silent comfort. "Well, I don't need this so take it. The damn house is expensive enough in half of its cost." They nodded at their ex-house owner with a grateful smile as they took back the money.

"Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n) stood in front of the modern grey door of their new house, Todoroki right by her side.

"Are you ready?" He questioned pushing the key into the lock. Her response was a silent nod. Not even a second after he'd opened, the door the woman ran inside, grabbed a random sheet and bundled up in the couch like a potato. She wore a warm smile, bouncing up and down excitedly however her excitement slowly diminished when she saw that the dual haired hero had yet to come in. Feeling her disappointment, he shot her a comforting smile.

"What's wrong? You don't like it?"

"No, it's just...I'm thinking about how I'm going to leave her." (Y/n) winced at the reminder of Momo.

"So you're leaving now?"

"Yes, but I'll be back. I just wanted to get you a place to stay so that you could be comfortable while you waited."

"But..." Not wanting to start an argument she stopped herself and looked down.  "Just know I'll be here when you come back."

"What is it?"

"Nothing. "

"Did you want me to hold you before i left?" Her face went red and she raised the sheet over her head to hide the obvious fact that he was right. Not soon after, the sound of shoes being removed and his soft steps coming towards her echoed in the silent house.

"You don't have-"

"I want to." Todoroki didn't bother listening to the rest of her protests, boldly taking a seat next to her on the leather black couch. (Y/n) instantly leaned into him enjoying the warmth that his body gifted her with. At the feeling of her shuffling closer, the man met her gaze which was filled with wonder and happiness. "Yes?" He finally said.

"I missed cuddling with you."

"So did I."

"Really?" He nodded in response making her giggle happily. His eyes widened, in surprise at her laughter. It had been so long since he heard it that he'd almost forgotten that she could make such a sound. He smiled back, gently leaning down for a kiss that (y/n) eagerly responded to. 

His lips moved in sync with hers as they shared the intimate gesture and soon he found himself not wanting to go anymore.

He didn't want to let go of her nevermind leave the house but this was something he had to do if they were going to live happily. Hot under his touch, the young woman revealed her neck hoping that he'd take the invitation but instead she was gently set to the side. A glimmer of irritation shined in her eyes but behind it was a deep understanding. He needed to go now. No more procrastinating because the longer they waited, the worse the problem would be when they finally had to confront it.

After planting one last kiss on her cheek, Todoroki fixed himself and walked out the door with one last glance at the disheveled girl who lay on the couch.