Chapter 4: Special Wolf

Start from the beginning

"Wait what are you doing here?" I asked for the second time trying to avoid his weirdness.

"I found you in the forest just laying there." He motioned to the ground.

His story was by far the stupidest thing I have ever heard because A. the beast doesn't just leave the girl or else all the girls that were ever taken would've returned by now and B. no was allowed to step foot out of their homes let alone in the forest. Even if he was from somewhere besides Fairbairn, the elders told us that no one was allowed to go into the forest. Not even someone from a neighboring town.

"Okay." I said going along with him. I still had no idea who this guy was. "So why are you here?" I continued to question.

"Because I wasn't just going to leave you out here in the forest. Besides the beast, the woods are filled with dangerous creatures." He said.

"Weren't you afraid the beast would come back looking for me?" I continued my interrogation.

"He isn't coming back." He stated simply.

"How do you know what the beast is or isn't doing?" I asked.

"Because I just do." He said with a shrug.

"You can't just know that. You do however know that if and when this aforementioned beast returns he's going to hunt us down right?" I questioned.

He took a step closer and said. "And how do you know that?" He asked with a smile.

"The 'beast', as we all call it, is a dog. A huge over-sized dog, creature which is scary as fuck." I explained.

"Language." He said as if he was scolding a five year old.

"Sorry." I mumbled quietly but when I saw him smile I knew he heard even if he was at a distance. Dude must have really clean ears. I didn't even know why I apologized.

"And it's not a dog." He said putting emphasis on the word dog.

"Oh it isn't?" I said raising my eyebrows. "Then what exactly would you call that big fur ball that stands on four feet?"

"A wolf." He said with pride. Wait pride?

"A wolf isn't that big." I said because I saw Jake hunt a wolf already and it was the normal size of a dog.

"It was a special wolf." He said as if that should clarify it.

"A special wolf? Am I supposed to know what that means?" I asked folding my arms because I felt cold. It was freezing in the woods and my dress just so happened to be sleeveless.

"You're cold." He said concerned while walking towards me while shrugging his jacket off.

"Wow there buddy, hold your horses." I said putting my hand out to stop his movement.

"I promise I'm not going to hurt you." He said as a look of hurt flashed across his face.

"Haven't you heard? A promise is a fool's comfort." I said.

"Haha." He said sarcastically and continued walking towards me.

"Wait what are you doing?" I asked as he came up to me and took of his jacket.

"Dude seriously I'm getting claustrophobic here." I said when he leaned closer and his arms went around me.

When he told me to lift my arms backward I got a little terrified so I did the one thing that a normal person would do.

Well what I would and did do anyways.

I kneed him in the groin and stepped away as he fell at my feet on his knees.