Chapter 1

As I'm sitting in my little white room of hell onboard a spaceship routed to god knows where, I think back to the day of the Invasion; which was approximately two days ago. I was taken from Earth along with thousands of others, but before that...

When you get interrupted at night doing homework, by the sound of your neighbours screaming, you think two things. One, are they having another god damn fight, and could they shut the hell up? And two, I should probably look out the window and see if they're okay.

You'll be pleased to note that I look out the window.

Holding the curtain back in my tightly fisted hand, I see tall, masculine, giant figures roaming my garden, holding weapons, accompanied by massive hovering van like vehicles. Vehicles that made no sound as they hovered. Alien weaponry, technology... and the aliens...

They weren't tiny, green or grey, ugly looking creatures. These aliens were human... or what they liked to call, an advanced and superior race of humans. Others. Superiors.

One of them locked eyes with me in the dead of the night. This is what I regret seeing, as those eyes will haunt me forever. All of the street lamps were off and the only light projected was from the alien hovering vans. His face was illuminated by that very light.

He had piercing black eyes, short, wavy black hair and tanned skin that was absolutely flawless.

Something like molten fire seemed to spread from my gut when our eyes locked. That fire spread through my blood, veins and skin. A surreal feeling composed of adrenaline, fear and raw emotion.

I release the curtain, letting it fall back into place to block out the impossible situation outside.

I remember the front door smashing in a moment later.

I remember reaching for my tennis racket under my bed, with a surprisingly calm and steady hand. I stayed crouched by my bed, hearing heavy footsteps spread throughout the house.

No one was home but me, the rest of my family were away at a school concert for my little sister, Sage.

I had been doing harmless homework.

Suddenly, the Earth was being invaded by aliens.

When the footsteps finally reach my bedroom door, I grip the tennis racket tighter.

As soon as they opened that door, I planned to attack. My instincts were screaming at me to fight. Not to run.

When the door does open and they enter...

Let's just say I should have surrendered when I had the chance.