Chapter 9

Ladonna rushes me to the entrance just in time, literally. I walk down the cool pavement until I see Celeste standing near the end, hiding behind a couple of girls in front of her.

"Stand in single file," Ladonna hisses quietly under her breath as she rushes past us toward the end of the long line of fifty girls, to meet the Others exiting the spaceship now to approach the palace.

All the girls including Celeste are staring at my new outfit and I just look to the ground, nervous in something so pretty but revealing. We all shuffle around anxiously to get into single file.

"You look beautiful, Sapphire, I promise," Celeste reassures me quietly with a nervous smile.

"Thank you -" I whisper back.

"No, talking!" Ladonna hisses from the front of the line, looking directly at Celeste and I. We just share a knowing look, trying not to roll our eyes as Ladonna suddenly turns to greet the Others, "Welcome back, your slaves are ready and trained for you as you requested."

I spot Traegr at the front along with Sabir and Hraken. As well as some more Others that I recognise from the meeting in the space ship. We all fall silent as they approach. A tense air seems to fill the atmosphere as they walk by, every man observing each girl that they stalk past. Celeste and I were at the end of the line and wouldn't be seen until last.

Celeste and I seem to instinctually move closer to each other, our arms brushing as we stand stock still, staring at the ground. I could feel her shaking a little next to me even in the warm morning air.

I move a little closer to her and lean towards her ear so I can whisper as quietly as possible, "Don't show them your fear..." as I finish I glance up and realise Sabir is staring right at me as he approaches with the Others down the line. Traegr has noticed too as they approach and decide to stop right before us.

"Ladonna," Traegr growls out while locking eyes with me, looking me up and down. I watch as she comes rushing forward, her face red with embarrassment.

"Yes, my King?" she asks in a rush.

"You know exactly what the problem is," he growls, "Fix it. Unless... Sabir, you want to address the issue yourself," my eyes jump to Sabir and I watch as I see his eyes harden as he stares at what I'm wearing.

Without even speaking, he reaches out a hand and grabs my arm, dragging me away from Celeste who instinctively reaches out and grabs my hand, finally looking up and meeting my gaze with anxious eyes.

Sabir pulls me out of Celeste's grasp none too gently, pulling me to his side, in the mix of all the tall Others... I instantly feel dwarfed. Like an elf, they were so much taller. I certainly felt like they weren't human as I stood in the midst of them, glancing back at Celeste to see her hand slowly moving back to her side as Traegr stares on in amusement.

"Hmmm... cute, isn't it?" he mutters with a smirk to the rest of his mates before turning from Celeste and stalking his way inside. The Others follow while Sabir drags me along with them. I have to half jog to keep up with their long strides.

He doesn't say anything to me as we all walk deeper into the palace.

"Uh, yes, the palace smells different with the lingering scent of females, doesn't it, men?" Traegr asks, laughing whole-heartedly along with the others before abruptly stopping and turning around to face me, reaching out a fast hand he grabs my chin in his hand, appraising me openly in front of Sabir.

"So similar to the princess we once knew," he continues, "Especially in this attire... get her out of it, Sabir. Have some fun, after all, it's been a long time since we've had company."