Chapter 11

It's been three days that I have been avoiding Ryan. 

The first night was when I found out I was pregnant and faked a headache while I took a long shower until he fell asleep, we didn't talk much that day.

The second day I didn't invite him over for dinner, I went to my parents for dinner instead, so that led to him not to spend the night with me. I cried at night because I didn't have him to hold on to and I'm so confused. 

I don't know what to tell him.

On the third day, I spent dinner with Victoria and her little family so it led to the same thing as the day before. The more I put it off the more confused I am to tell him.

I miss him and it's only been three days, I want him with me at night. I want to be by his side and him to be happy with me as well.

I'm getting my usual morning doughnuts, all types of flavor look good so I get mostly each flavor.

My phone rings and I see that it's Ryan for the third time this morning. 

I sigh loudly, he's the only man that has actually liked me and if I don't answer I'm just going to hurt his feelings.

"Hello?" I answer casually.

"Where are you?" He sounds in hurry and I bite my lip. 

I don't want to tell him about the doughnuts, he knows that I didn't eat doughnuts before.

"On my way to work, why?" I answer casually once again.

"Why?" He mocks, "I haven't seen you for three fucking days Cassandra and I feel like you're just brushing me off." He says stating the obvious, but then he sighs and suddenly his tone softens, "I miss you, baby"

My eyes get watery and I take a deep breath, "Dinner at my place tonight, I miss you too, Ryan."

"I- Okay, but whatever I'm doing wrong, please just tell me because this space you're putting between us is killing me, baby." His voice is soft and defeated, I bite my lip to suppress my sob.

"We'll talk over dinner." I tell him finally deciding I will tell him tonight.

I hang up not giving him a chance to reply. If he asks questions now, he'll get it out of me and I want to tell him in person.

I get my doughnuts and take them to the office. Jesse comes in and eats two, while I eat the rest. He doesn't know about the pregnancy, only Victoria. So instead I talk about Gabe so we won't have to talk about Ryan.

Jesses and Gabe's relationship sounds good, they're actually talking about moving in, but with this being Jesse's first serious relationship he doesn't know if that's a good idea. He's actually scared if they break up.

We set off to work and when I'm about done, I send Jesse to fax some papers than we can go eat after. 

He leaves to go fax the papers, while I stand and start putting all the papers he gave me this morning back in its place.

My door opens and walks in a smiling Theo. I frown I haven't talked to him since my father's gala. 

He shuts the door behind him.

"Theo?" I frown, "What are you doing here?" I ask him.

I want him to leave, looking at his smile now, shows no appeal to me. Now his smile isn't cute how I thought it was, it's actually kind of creepy.

He takes a step closer placing one hand in his black suit pants and I glare at him, I don't want him anywhere near me. 

He shrugs a shoulder.