Chapter Seven

We arrive at the gala, I'm wearing a soft strapless pink gown, some nude Louboutins, my hair is up into an elegant updo. 

Ryan is wearing a three-piece black tailored Armani suit with a baby pink button shirt. 

I teased him about it at first, telling him he only wore it so he can match me and he blushed at first, but after a while, he gave me a grin and agreed that he did. 

My heart would flutter and do crazy flips whenever he would give me one of his amazing smiles or look at me adoringly.

As we walk in, a waiter with a tray of champagne flutes offers us one and I take one. Ryan, declines and puts a hand on the small of my back and walks us in further. 

It's a ballroom, the scenery takes my breath away. It's all cream and gold, one big chandelier on the rooftop including some painting, and the edges of the ceiling are perfectly sculptured. They're pillars around the ballroom, there are rows of tables finely decorated and all the way to the front is a dance floor and a group of musicians on stage, right now only the pianist is playing Claire de Lune.

"This is... incredible." I turn to him and he smiles.

"Well hello there, may I get a proper introduction?" The man with sandy brown hair takes my hand and kisses my knuckles. 

He stands up straight smiling brightly, his eyes are pale green but somehow familiar.

"Cassandra Gold." I tell him as I glance at Ryan who looks amused.

"Robert Stone." 

I frown in confusion trying to see the resemblance to see if this is the little brother. He isn't as tall as Ryan, but they both have strong build shoulders, same hair, same jawline, same nose, and I smile up at Ryan.

"This is your little brother?" I ask him and he stiffly nods, with a sideways smile.

Robert scoffs, "I'm anything but little, sweetheart."

I can't hide my smile, that was so uncalled for. 

Before I can say anything, a woman with light brown hair hugs Ryan, she's wearing a red gown and I'm surprised by the jealousy starting to boil in my veins. 

Ryan hugs her just as tight with satisfaction filling his face. They pull away and he motions to me, my heart pumping faster.

"Riley, this is my girlfriend Cassi. Cassi, my sister Riley." 

I notice she puts a hand on her expanding belly, seems she's ready to pop that baby out at any time. 

My heart speeds up at the statement he just said. Girlfriend. I'm his girlfriend. A bubble of excitement burst through me and I need to calm down before I get my hopes up. 

I look up at her eyes, smiling and extending my hand out, she takes it smiling, her eyes are the same green as Ryan's, only hers are a little darker and more intense.

"It's a pleasure meeting you." I tell her.

"How come it wasn't a pleasure meeting me?" Robert interrupts, causing Ryan and Riley to laugh.

Riley ignores him and asks me, "Have you met my parents, yet?" 

I shake my head and she looks over her shoulder looking at the crowd, suddenly after a couple of seconds, she waves at someone.

A tall man as tall as Ryan or slightly shorter makes his way towards us, his hair is almost the color as mine, and pale blue eyes, he has a woman clinked on his arm with hers and she's wearing an elegant purple gown, showing her perfectly shaped curves, she has the same sandy brown hair, and green eyes exactly like Ryan. When they're in front of me I could see the faint lines on their face, but they seem to glow with their beauty, I'm guessing they're very healthy if they look this young after having five kids.